Great press for RLS!

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
wkitsteiner

Great press for RLS!

Post by wkitsteiner »

Not sure if any of you have seen this yet. It went up on the NYT website yesterday:

Yesterday, The New York Times online posted their feature on RLS. The RLS Foundation is incredibly excited by this piece of great press for RLS!

Here is the link:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/12/1 ... yndrome/?h

becat

Post by becat »

Thank you Wendi.

I have been interested in the blogging going on since it came out yesterday. From 12 to 20, then this morning over a 100.

Whats really sad though about it, is the matter (in tons) of miseducated people willing to write on cyberspace.

One guy says that we'll all have Parkinsons. Ugh will we ever get it across.

Still yet, if you had RLS and never had it diagnosed for real, this piece would send you to the right places and it would give someone that "it has a name" kind of feeling.

I was excited about the finished product. Totally cool.
Lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Lynne, you certainly nailed that one. There still are so many people who don't see the whole picture (or even any of the picture).

I was happy to see, however, how many people did get it. I imagine that just 3 years ago, and certainly 7 or 8 years ago, you'd not have seen so much understanding.

It's progress. And you and the Foundation and all of us...we're all part of that. But, especially you and those who continue to work exceedingly hard in the face of lack of funds, understanding and compassion. Thank you. Truly. Thank you.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.