Feeling All Alone

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Neco

Post by Neco »

Personally I have never been hesitant about relying on drugs, but perhaps that is the culture in which I was brought up.

However if it is effecting you this badly that others are noticing, you need to consider going somewhere - anywhere to get some kind of help.. It sucks that you have had bad luck with doctors, but many folks here have had to go through more doctors than fingers they have to count them on, so don't give up..

Medication can give you back your life. When you are functioning and aren't constantly tired, or down about having RLS, you don't even remember have it half the time. Which says a lot about the impact medication can have.

Most of us find that it takes a while to find the right drug, unless you are extremely lucky and get put on opiates right away. Then you don't have to play that medical hoopla game. However living with poor quality of life isn't really living at all.

jml945

Post by jml945 »

Zach wrote:However living with poor quality of life isn't really living at all.

I agree 100% Zach. You have to do whatever you can to get your life back on track... anything short of that and you just miss out on really living. I wish I could get back the last 2 years of my life but they are gone, now I feel like I am playing catch up for the time I spent in misery.

Metabolic wreck

Post by Metabolic wreck »

Yeah, Zach--I am a firm believer in better living through chemistry!

If we weren't meant to take medicine, they would never have invented pharmacies...
Do not take life too
seriously; you will never
get out of it alive.
--Elbert Hubbard

jml945

Post by jml945 »

As Mr. Mackey from South Park once said, "drugs are good, Mkay?"

:D

Neco

Post by Neco »

Can't say I recall him saying that one.

jml945

Post by jml945 »

Zach wrote:Can't say I recall him saying that one.

It was an episode where a woman was in the hospital (can't remember the specific episode) and needed to be treated for something and refused to be medicated. Anyways, sorry to veer off topic. I'm a huge South Park fan.

Nicky

Post by Nicky »

I love Southpark too guys. As for chemicals, I wouldn't be able to survive without them. Society has a sniffy attitude to those of us that use medication for pain control. Prescribed drugs (& sometimes) MJ helps my rls & it is medicinal as far as I'm concerned. As I say, whatever works right?
Nicky