Drs again any advice

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
waterloo2

Drs again any advice

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all

Tis me again!!! Im going back to drs next week not sure if she can give me anything because of all the meds im on. But im going anyway.
Any advice? Im at the end of my tether. My legs and Arthiritis are so bad then I take 2 pain killers I cry and cry and cry till the pain killers work I just cant go on like this day in day out 24/7.
Sorry for moaning again. I also have a lot of other health issues too. I just cant take anymore.

love gill :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Gill--

I'm not sure what people will suggest to you, but I have to say this:

WRITE DOWN WHAT THEY TELL YOU

You often come back from your doctor's appointment and tell us what happened, and you've forgotten to do a lot of what we've told you to do. I think if you remember to do the things we suggest, you'll have better results.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

Neco

Post by Neco »

Your doctor needs to get you some kind of controlled release pain medication. Tell her you WANT a painkiller that will release medicine slowly during the day. Oxycontin, MS Contin, Ultram ER (tramadol), a Fentanyl patch.. something..

If she still gives you the same BS line, tell her she is an idiot and FIND A NEW DOCTOR. Go over her head to her administrator, or something.. You are in a government run free system over there right? There HAS to be somebody ABOVE her that you can complain to.

I do not understand this woman.. Do you not tell her you are constantly crying from the pain? If you can, just start bawling in her office... in her waiting room, do something to get a response.
Please.

dogeyed

Post by dogeyed »

Yeah, I agree 100 percent with Zach. He has given some GREAT ideas about what kinds of medicines you need... you may want to write them down and give them to the doc. Also write down the links to websites suggested in this forum that give more info on RLS, to educate the doc.

I AM glad to hear the extra medicine is finally at least stopping the RLS for a little while now! See, that shows you that medication can help, if you get enough and often... which is why the meds Zach suggested is such a good idea, becuz they're time-released... and also they are stronger than what you've been taking.
"It's not how old you are; it's how awful you feel."

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Does your doc not understand what you are explaining to her and how desperate you are..
I wonder if you and your doc and talking at cross purposes.

I suggest the following:

Write notes of what you want to say to the doc.

Make sure you have them in your hand to refer to at the appointment.

Take someone with you to back you up, and to remember what the doc says.

Make sure you and the doc understand each other and are clear with each other before you leave.

Ask questions.

Permit your hubby/friend, whoever goes with you, to ask questions and ask doc to explain her reasons for witholding proper treatment.

Take the Algorithm with you. You previously said your printer was not working but I'm sure you have a friend with a printer. Get them to print it out. Your local library will probably provide this service, or even a local office supplies shop.

Have your friend make sure the doc looks at the treatment and medications for rls on the algorithm..

Highlight the relevant sections in the algorithm. I do this and it really helps me and the doc. Saves time.

In another post/thread you said 'what is the point of the algorithm'.
What I have said in this post explains the point.

Good luck
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation