HI, IT'S STITCH AGAIN

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
stitch

HI, IT'S STITCH AGAIN

Post by stitch »

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted for awhile but been busy. I am here to tell you all I am having more back surgery, more back surgery. This will be my 6th and last.

The others all did what they were suspose to do and now I have after surgery pain from scar tissue and nerve endings. This pain will never get better and I have been told by four dr's that this is what it is, after surgery pain.

So I go in on the 9th of February to have a stimulator implanted into my back. I am having Dr Richard North, of Lifebridge Health Brian and Spine Institute. and He is located in Baltimore and will do the surgery at Sinai Hospital.

I was told I will be awake for the 1st part of the surgery when they put the lead wires in my back at the T8 level. Once these leads are in they will never come out. I have to be awake so I can tell them where the pain is.

Sometime during the week, probably Wednesday He will put me out and do a laminectory and implant the box that will control the wires. I have to stay in the hopital for 5 days because he is doing it a different way because of all the surgery I have had and because I have hardwear in my back now.

This is all to trick my brain to say I am not having any pain or will work for 50% to 75%. He also told me that it should help with my RLS and if that happens maybe I can get off all the meds I am on for the RLS and pain.

Here are three sites if anyone wants to check them: www.ans-medical.com, www.advancedbionics.com and www.medtronic.com. Hope this works, will let you all know how it does. Stitch

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Interesting procedure, Stitch. I truly hope it helps. It's got to be tough to be in pain like that all the time.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

Hope everything goes well for you.. Let us know how it helps your RLS.. It would be interesting if this procedure could be adapted to some kind of RLS treatment that would eliminate the need for medication

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

S, Good to see you again. I truly hope that this latest surgery will provide you with a better quality of life. You've gotta be one tough hombre to have undergone all the past operations so this one should be a walk in the park. Good luck to you, my friend. M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Nicky

Post by Nicky »

Good luck with the surgey Stitch. Come back soon after to tell us how it all went. It's horrible to be in pain all the time. I hope this procedure really helps.
Nicky

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hope all goes well for you.

Good luck
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation