Weird feelings in lower back

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
jml945

Weird feelings in lower back

Post by jml945 »

Right now I am experiencing some weird feelings in my lower back that are similar to what I normally feel in my legs. I find that I get these back problems PRIOR to my RLS issues most days. Does anyone else get this as well?
DX: GAD, Panic Disorder, RLS
RX: Lexapro (30mg daily), Mirapex (.25mg daily), Xanax (.5mg as needed)

dogeyed

Post by dogeyed »

About all I can say about it is, my back is what got my RLS going in the first place. I was in a car wreck years ago, and slowly my spine has crumbled, and when the lower back got so bad I couldn't stand it anymore, that's when RLS showed up at my front door. Others here don't have this, and others do. Not sure if it's a commonality, but my understanding is that RLS can be "triggered" by all sorts of stuff.

Right now, for example, I've got a terrible chest cold, fever, have not taken any antihistimine type stuff at all, but woke up early this morning and miserable. My legs are absolutely killing me, despite the finest legal drugs known to man. Enough to where I was crying when I got out of bed. So, maybe it's an inflammatory process, who knows? There have been some interesting studies about inflammation, not as relates to RLS, but other stuff that we take for granted like heart disease, I think.
"It's not how old you are; it's how awful you feel."

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

RLS can be anywhere in your body. Shoulders, groin, back, arms, etc. If it feels the same and if movement takes it away....it's most likely RLS, too.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

dogeyed

Post by dogeyed »

Oooooh, I had something strange happen to me yesterday with my chest cold and fever! I reported above that I am real sick right now, and as a result my legs really hurt. Wellllll, I've had whole-body jerks in the past, and yesterday, my fever and everything got so bad, that my head and face and voice just sort of spazed up in a wallop, and then a few minutes later did it again, very scary. I thought I was seizing up from the fever, and then became afraid it was my RLS in the middle of it too. I'm telling you, this cold has been awful. I sometimes think this RLS is a mild form of epilepsy or something, and that "it's in the water." It's rough to be sickly. I have so many physical problems, my broke back, my mind has slipped away, and my RLS, I'm on disability and I'm only in my 50s, I lost my house, and now this dang cold. Cry, cry, cry. Uh-oh, I didn't mean to go on in someone else's post. Life can get tedious, tho, that's fo sho.
"It's not how old you are; it's how awful you feel."

woodsie357

Post by woodsie357 »

Yep I sure do. Sometimes it starts in my lower back and goes down to toes, some times the other way around but I totally have it in my lower back. When I saw Dr at Johns Hopkins he asked if I had any RLS in my trunk. Due to his question I would guess it's possible. Hope this helps.
Someone cares about your sleepless nights

Neco

Post by Neco »

Wow scary.. If I was having seizure type syptoms that included vocalizations I'd be calling my doctor in the middle of the night :?

jml945

Post by jml945 »

woodsie357 wrote:Yep I sure do. Sometimes it starts in my lower back and goes down to toes, some times the other way around but I totally have it in my lower back. When I saw Dr at Johns Hopkins he asked if I had any RLS in my trunk. Due to his question I would guess it's possible. Hope this helps.

I think the first time I had these weird feelings I had them in my legs and in my trunk simultaneously. Since then it's mostly been my legs but I often get it in my lower back, my neck and shoulders and sometimes my arms. It sucks....
DX: GAD, Panic Disorder, RLS
RX: Lexapro (30mg daily), Mirapex (.25mg daily), Xanax (.5mg as needed)

dogeyed

Post by dogeyed »

Zach wrote:Wow scary.. If I was having seizure type syptoms that included vocalizations I'd be calling my doctor in the middle of the night :?

Hey Zach,
Well, I suppose yur rite, but I reckon it was the fever. However, I'll report it to all my docs in March when I see them. Thanks for the kindness tho.
GG