Driving & RLS

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Jitterlegs

Post by Jitterlegs »

Thanks GG. I did take 30mg last night. I did feel sleepy and slept pretty well. I am looking forward to testing it again tonight--maybe I will notice calmess?? Right now I am sitting her bouncing my legs like crazy. I was pretty busy last night before bed, but had to struggle to stay awake through the news when I did finally lie down. The doc only wants me to take up to 15mg in the morning and maybe if we can find the right dose at night, a small dose will be enough during the day. It can still be raised from there, but of course, they want to keep an eye on it. Question, can you get an rx for longer than 30 days for codeine? I wasn't sure if it was just because we are trying it or if I heard someone on the board say that it is harder to get them to do a script for longer than 30 days for narcotics. I just think of it as a huge pain to call in every month. Speaking of pain, man, would it be nice to get rid of that! Tonight driving home it was terrible.

As far as benedryl goes, I haven't taken that in months.

dogeyed

Post by dogeyed »

Hi Jitter,
Glad you slept well finally. I think the more quiet sleep you get, the less your legs will ramp up in the day, altho they always will bother you somewhat. Your question about the 30-day thing, while he's working on what dose works for you, he'll keep a close watch, but eventually he'll give you a prescription with refills. Then the pharmacy will take over and make you stick to 30-day limits until you can refill. I hope that answers what you were asking.

I might add, since your legs bother you as the day wears on, consider wearing support stockings of some kind at work, it keeps the legs from firing up so much. When you get home, take them off, and then stretch the legs and rear out real good or go for a short easy walk. If that's no help after a couple weeks, tell him your experiences, and he might like the idea of 7.5 or 15mg right when you get home.
GG
"It's not how old you are; it's how awful you feel."

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Jitter - the 30 day supply is related to certain narcotics, not all. So, you can get refills on some, just not on others.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Codeine is Schedule 3, as is hydrocodone in it's various formulations. I believe you can get 6 months of refills on those, but I'm not sure. It's the Schedule 2 narcotics that they can't write refills for.
Susan

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

It seems you can get one fill and 6 months of refills on hydrocodone, yes. My doctor gives me 90 days plus three refills of 90 each, but my mail order pharmacy will only refill it twice.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.