A Question

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
waterloo2

A Question

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all

Im doing better on my new med but today I'm not sure if I pulled a muscle or whas it twisted. My question is can you get either o boy it hurts thank goodness we don't have any stairs to climb thanks.

gill
:x

woodsie357

Post by woodsie357 »

I'm not sure I understand your question. I assume your talking about the kind of pain associated with RLS. I recently read if it isn't improved by movement then it isn't RLS. I don't personally have severe pain with my RLS so maybe someone who does can add their 2cents.
Someone cares about your sleepless nights

dogeyed

Post by dogeyed »

Waterloo,
I remember when I first took medication that helped stop my RLS, when I woke up the next day, I was finally able to feel what the endless seizing of muscles can do to a person. I could not believe how wrenched up and wore out my poor legs were. So, I'm thinking the pulled muscle you report is you're now noticing how much damage the RLS has done to you. Also could be that because you temporarily do not feel pain now, you "overdid it" and managed to hurt your leg without realizing it. So, of course go easy on movement until you get used to your medicine.

But whether you twisted it or you are now aware of what's happened to you over the many months with RLS, either way it will mostly go away in a week, at most. Glad to hear from you, and would like to know more about how well your new medicine is treating you, other than the sprain.
GG
"It's not how old you are; it's how awful you feel."