Going to Hospital

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
slyemm

Going to Hospital

Post by slyemm »

It's 2am here and I feel as though I've been awake for a week. This sucks ....

But anyhow - I've decided to have a hysterectomy (I'm 38) which will mean I will stop bleeding constantly (flooding as I write this...), which will mean my iron levels will have a fighting chance of returning to normal, which may in the end mean that my rls could feasibly improve! It may not - but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I get lucky!

In the meantime, it's now 48 hours away from my surgery. My friends and family all expect me to be fearful of the surgery but I'm not. Not one tiny bit. I'm very excited about it. It's like Christmas on a stick! My life has been ruled by a menstrual cycle for the last five years. I have only two fears about going to hospital on Tuesday: 1) I really hope I don't have a seriously major bleed; 2) I'm afraid I will be awake for five days straight if I'm not sleeping in my own bed! I'm getting a few hours each night at home at the moment. Can't imagine how I'll sleep at all in a hospital. And having to lie still if I have abdominal surgery will be absolutely excruciating! I had 3 caesareans in the past and I remember very vividly the horrible sensation of being desperate to move because the rls was causing my body to ache everywhere, yet every movement caused pain! Ugh!

Anyhow - no idea why I'm sending this but it's the middle of the night and there's not much else to do and despite my best efforts to explain stuff to my friends, they just don't get it.

Take care,
Simone

slyemm

Post by slyemm »

Ok - that's really weird! I'm not 3. It put a cool smiley face in instead of saying I'm 38! Very bizarre.... Must have pressed the wrong button. It's getting late ....

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Simone, my fingers are crossed that it works. My friend had awful problems with fibroids; her cycles were contant, she was terribly anemic. She had them "shrunk" through a procedure and it's been one of the best things she could have done. The anemia is gone, she feels so much better. She doesn't have RLS, but does have lupus, and even that is better.

Ann

cornelia

operation

Post by cornelia »

Simone, good luck with the operation. Just want to tell you: don't forget to take with you a print of "RLS and surgery", that you can find on this board.
You don't have to suffer with having to lie in bed with horrible RLS.
Corrie

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Corrie, good idea. I forget that it is here. Not only that, but I don't find the layout of this site all that intuitive and always have to search for stuff!

http://beta.restlesslegs.org/literature/surgery.html

Ann