I got my stimulator and think it would be good for rls

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
stitch

I got my stimulator and think it would be good for rls

Post by stitch »

Hi, This is Stitch again and I told you I would post when I got my stimulator implanted into my back and side for back pain. Well I did on Feb the 9th and the 2nd part on Feb the 16th when they put everything inside of me.

I love it and it helps the pain in my back go away. It's a very different feeling but I got use to it very fast. I am still on the pain meds for my surgery pain but will start cutting back soon. I also think I can cut back on my mirapex and would also most like to try going without it.

People with rls that have pain might want to look into this because it works in your legs too. So far so good and keep hoping for the best. The one that is in my back is www.ans-medical.com, so you can do some research. Take care, Stitch

woodsie357

Post by woodsie357 »

very glad to hear it.

Just a thought when getting off of mirapex a high majority of people have a hyper RLS effect that lasts for 5 to 10 days once your off of it. I experienced it for about 5 days myself.
Someone cares about your sleepless nights

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Stitch, that is great to hear! I hope you get off the meds and all goes well.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Jeannie,

That is great news. I'm so happy your back is calming down. It's an awwww moment for sure for you.

I hope to talk to you soon.

Love and Hugs, my dear,
Lynne

wigglypain

Post by wigglypain »

Day late and dollar short on this one. I had my Spinal Cord Stimlator placed on 9 July. It works ok as long as I keep my Fentanyl (125mcg changing every 48 hr) With an opiod of some kind and a long acting one at that I get very little releif from the stimulator. My paddle is place on #10 thoracic vertebra, which my neuro surgeon had to do a laminecty first to get the paddle to seat right. My generator is placed in my right upper buttocks. I have the recharchargable kind that is FDA approved for ten year life span. I am having difficulties with getting the coverage in my ankles, which can be very painful most of the time. My other is is that my RLS involves my arms as well and we felt it was too dangerous to try and place a probe in my cervical spinal area. Overall I have received a 50% reduction in pain. Now it is time to wien of the opiates and see how far dow I can get and still stay functional and painless.
Wiggly Pain
ems2rn@gmail.com

stitch

Post by stitch »

Happy New Year!! I posted earlier and when I went to review my post it never came up so here goes again. Hope I can remember what was posted the 1st time.
Here it is almost a year since I got the stimulator and I wish I could say all is well with the world but that would be a lie. The best thing is the rls is gone as long as I take 2 maripex aday.
As you all know I have had several back surgeries and yes they were all successful. But now I am left with after surgery pain that is so bad I would have another surgery to take the stimulator out so I could have an MRI and see what is causing all this pain. I can't walk far at all, I can't do anything any more. I know it is scare tissues and nerve damage.
I know the maripex has put weight on me and I take 12 hundred mg's of nurontin 3 times a day. And also pain meds. Nothing is working and my pain management doctor tells me there is nothing that can be done. I am looking into a walking with a seat now.
I am 73 now and I want to lose about 20 pounds because my son of 48 is getting married for the 1st time and I want to be able to stand up straight.
So the question is: would I do the stimulator again..NO. But that is me and we are all different. I don't have problems taking pain meds, nurontin, mirapex and cloneapan. And I am also lucky that my rls is not a problem like it was all my life when no one knew anything about rls.
As we say what works for me may not work for everyone else. I think I have just too much pain for the stimulator to work the way it was meant to work. Take care and I love you Lynne, Jeannie/stitch

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Stitch, that's very tough, that the after surgery pain is so bad. We always hope that there is a pain relief med that will hit the spot, so to speak. Sadly we all know on this site that there is not a perfect medication for every ailment.

It is wonderful that your rls is under control, especially as your movement is so limited, and this is a blessing.

Best wishes for your son's coming wedding and I hope your new daughter in law will be what you would hope for him.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

How exciting that your son is getting married.

I am so sorry to hear that you're still in so much pain. And to have your doctor say he doesn't see what can be done; I'd be very upset. I hope you find some solutions, Jeannie.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.