Grrrr! I'm going nuts!

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
HeatherB

Grrrr! I'm going nuts!

Post by HeatherB »

My RLS and PLMD have been giving problems again the last two weeks. I am almost to the point of going insane.

There has been a lot going on lately at home. Things were just nuts. Now things have calmed down and I have family in from out of state, who I haven't seen in years. (I'm so happy to have them home for a week!)

My legs are still driving me insane. I am back to being up for 3 hours after taking my Klonopin at night with creepy crawly legs that want to do nothing but kick. Last night I was in tears and actually sat in be thinking, "If I could only cut them off." Yes, it was that bad. :cry:

I thought once things calmed down and I wasn't so stressed my legs would calm down too. No such luck.

I think I will be calling the doctor to see her about upping my meds.

Thanks for letting me ramble and complain!

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

So sorry your legs are driving you nuts right now. Calling the doctor sounds like a good idea!
Susan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yup, call that doctor! Sorry you're going through this....hope it either resolves or the doctor can help and ASAP.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

dogeyed

Post by dogeyed »

Heather,
My sentiments exactly, particularly the part where you want to cut your legs off. I think since you have family visiting, you're likely on your feet more than usual, and that's setting the RLS off. See will your doc give you a prescription w/one refill of Tylenol Codeine #3 or something like that, mild but knocks out the RLS and you'll sleep thru the night.
GG
"It's not how old you are; it's how awful you feel."

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

Typically the Klonopin will knock me out. I think my body is just getting accustom to the dosage. I'm having symptoms during the day and that hasn't happened in months. I have been on the same dosage for 7 months and the doctor told me most people have to be upped every 4 or 5 months.

I avoid Tylenol #3. I was addicted to it at one point in time, but thank you for the idea.

I was on the road so much today I didn't even have a chance to call the doctor today. :roll: Hopefully tomorrow! No, definitely tomorrow!

Thank you guys for being here for me! :)

Neco

Post by Neco »

An opiate blocker like buprinorphine (suboxone, subutex) may be an option where there is concern over opiate addiction.

Personally I wouldn't stay on benzos for very long, especially at an increasing dose. Cause if you think being addicted to Tylenol #3 is bad....

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

Thanks Zack I will bring that up to the doctor.

I don't even want to think about being addicted to other things. :shock: I have watched "Intervention" on A&E and I have seen how people on there get!

Neco

Post by Neco »

Well, I've seen it a few times.. There will always be an element of "playing to the camera", but its still a very real way to get the message across.

I grew up witnessing all kinds of stuff on the streets, and it gave me a healthy respect for things, but sometimes even that isn't enough, as evidenced by my own issues with opiates.

gymper

Post by gymper »

I know the feeling. It can be so frustrating!

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

Well, I'm going to see the doc on the 1st.
I have been so busy I haven't been able to make calls when I have wanted to. Needless to say, it has been hard to get through to the doc.
Hopefully we can get this figured out.

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

I went to see the doc. She upped my Klonopin to 1.5 mg from 1 mg at night. I sure hope this works.
I will go back on 5-1 to see how things are going.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I hope it works, Heather.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

So far so good. The symptoms are slowly going away!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Fingers crossed you get some peace.

Now wouldn't that just be bliss.... :wink:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

I have been 2 days and nights with no symptoms. We will see how today goes, but I'm optimistic! :D