Any feedback on Dr. Earley @ John Hopkins

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
skn0412

Any feedback on Dr. Earley @ John Hopkins

Post by skn0412 »

Anyone with any experience with Dr. Earley at John Hopkins? Dr. B has referred me to him since I live fairly close. I e-mailed the Center for RLS at Hopkins and they want me to make an appointment as well as stay overnight for a sleep study. Anyone with any experiences to share regarding the John Hopkins Center for RLS ??

woodsie357

Post by woodsie357 »

I private messaged you, but I will add he is found in the asthma and allergy building, not with the other neuro doctors. it took me an hour to find him my first appointment. also parking is very very hard to find, there is a parking garage that might have some spaces, if you find one across from the allergy building you are LUCKY. I didn't have a sleep study there so I can't tell you were that is or anything.

Dr. Earley was the best thing to happen to my RLS. I've been sleeping at least 5 hours a night for the last week or so. This is a huge improvement for me. Only reason I don't sleep more is because I have 4 kids to get ready in the morning.

Best of luck
Someone cares about your sleepless nights

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

My doctor spoke to Dr. Earley last week at a conference in Seattle. She told him about the problem I was having about getting an iron infusion. He said they do it and I should call. If I'm going there, I would like a consultation as well.

I live in NYC. Getting to Delaware is not easy and it is expensive. I would like to have the consultation and the infusion done at the same visit. It would be easier for me to stay in a hotel for a night or two than making that trip twice.

I called on Friday, but his secretary had to talk to him about doing it in one visit. She never got back to me. In the meantime, I am not taking any meds. My doctor said Dr. Earley likes you to be off Mirapex for at least 2 weeks before visiting him.

How long did you have to wait for an appointment?

Dale

happyfeet

Post by happyfeet »

Sleuth wrote:My doctor spoke to Dr. Earley last week at a conference in Seattle.

SEATTLE! there was a conference in SEATTLE!

Also what is this iron infusion? can I get some personal info on its effects and...
I guess I'll see if anyone here in Seattle/Tacoma uses that treatment. Uh I'm a bit tired so I do that looking up later...after I hopefully sleep.

cj
Anything I write down is my own opinion and not to be taken seriously. Just ask my husband.