Opinions about Rx plans?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.

Opinions about Rx plans?

Post by GUEST »

My Mother who is 78 years old has dealt with RLS since her early 20's. She has finally gotten to the point where RLS is over coming her ability to even want to live.

After much discussion with her and her doctor. He has perscribed the following in order to combat the problem. Could you experts give me your opinons on this course of action

Duragesic Pain Patch 75mg (1 patch every 3 days)
Wellbutrin 200mg 1x day
Requip .25mg 3x a day

Are these Rx's a good plan.....what should we expect.

Thank you in advance for any opinion you can give.

Traci

umpwidow

Post by umpwidow »

Hi Traci,

I'm no doctor, and treating people as they age gets trickier, but that all sounds like a good initial plan to me.

Pain management, wellbutrin (anti-depressant), Requip (drug of choice right now for RLS)

I expect you will see some relief for you mother.

Good Luck.

Jamie

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Traci, like Jamie, I'm not a doctor, but I might ask about the Requip dosage being so high to start. I recall my doc starting me at .25 and titrating upwards every 3 to 5 days because of possible side effects. It can take awhile to get to the right dose, though. Have you gone to www.rlshelp.org site? You can post questions to a doctor, and he also has lots of info in the drugs. Another site to look at is this one that lists average dosages - what to start with and what averages people end up with:

http://www.wemove.org/rls_dt.html

Hope she gets some improvement soon.

Ann