What was causing my RLS

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Rich Carney

What was causing my RLS

Post by Rich Carney »

I found this site recently after suffering for months with RLS. I may have a recent or mild case but some nights I wasn't sure I was going to make it. After eliminating foods and medications I discovered that my evening chocolate milk or hot chocolate was the culpret. I'm sure there must be much more to many peoples symptoms but this really helped me. I am now quenching my thirst with water and a little lemon juice. I hope someone else may find some relief as well.

Rich

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thanks for letting us know what worked for you. It is always of interest to hear the experience of others.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

People have indeed reported all three of milk, chocolate, and sweets in general causing worse symptoms when consumed in the evenings, so you've probably nailed something on the head there. Glad you figured something out to help your symptoms...
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It's wonderful when you find something simple that helps, isn't it? Then again, stopping chocolate might be simple, but certainly not easy, lol!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.