Judgemental Health Care Professionals

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
runkrun

Judgemental Health Care Professionals

Post by runkrun »

I have a very difficult time with angry,uncaring health care professionals. I had an experience yesterday that left me angry,shameful and some other feelings I can't post.
Last edited by runkrun on Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I feel all the injustice in your post. I am so sorry you had to go through that....none of us should ever have to. Period.

People have an amazingly hard time (some people, some times) walking in another person's shoes. All that pharmacist could hear was that you wanted it early - not why. In fairness, the tech may not have told the pharmacist why, but he should still not have acted that way!

I hope you can soon find your way out of feeling shame about it. This isn't about you at all. This is about a tech and a pharmacist who probably didn't communicate with each other well and who need some help with empathy and customer service (and plain human decency). To feel shame is to be taking responsibility in some way for their unbelievable actions....and this isn't at all any of your responsibility.

You did an excellent thing to maintain your composure and contact another pharmacist and get it worked out.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

It was they who were rude and unfeeling.
This may have ended up being your problem (in that you had to sort something out) but it was not your fault.
A friend said this to me many years ago and I have so often found it to be true.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation