I'm so screwed....

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Zach
First of all I was wondering if you were to have a photocopy of some relevant sections of this book, to use with a new doc.
Then I thought, the Mayo Algorithm would serve the same purpose.

This took me on to thinking of Dr B. What about an email to him, his response and advice, hopefully confirming you need to stay on the methadone, do you think this would carry enough weight.
It works with my doc.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

Re the quality of life letter. That's a really good idea. Someone told me about those a few months ago, before I lost my doctor; I thought of it as something I'd like to do just so people *knew*. But you're so right; it could be an effective way of beginning a relationahip with a new doctor. Especially if my old one endorsed it somehow. Which I bet he would. Really good idea, thanks. (now I just have to DO it)

Neco

Post by Neco »

I started writing my statement last night, although I didn't get it to a point where I was happy enough to call it finished.

However I just got back from my appointment with one of the Nurse Practitioners, and everything went smoothly. She and the other NP there had discussed my situation and believed that it was clear how much the Methadone has helped me, so they don't see a reason to change anything. I walked out with my next 3 months of scripts. She did mention having me see an MD at some point, once they get a new one there, just to have them sign off of the treatment.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

That's awesome! I'm glad the worry was groundless. Now you can be sad for your doctor without fearing for yourself at the same time. And you generated some useful discussion.

dogeyed

Post by dogeyed »

Hooooraaay Zach! If we all lived in the same neighborhood, we would have all come down to that office with you and cheered you on!
"It's not how old you are; it's how awful you feel."

runkrun

Post by runkrun »

Zach, Very encouraged that you were able to get a 3 month supply of medication. Sounds like the nurse practioner had alot of compassion for your situation. How are you doing otherwise? Still praying for you.
Last edited by runkrun on Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neco

Post by Neco »

Doing good otherwise, I guess.

I get up, go to work.. Come home, do whatever on the computer, watch the news and go to bed. About the same thing I do every day.

It did go from warm to cold overnight tho, might need an extra pill today but none were left out for me, so maybe my dad thought there wasn't enough or something else. Been an ongoing issue as I get close to my next refill date, but on paper I should have enough no question. Probably comes down to the days of the week or some dumb thing.

Neco

Post by Neco »

My mom had an appointment today, because her knee had been bugging her and I kept bugging her to go, so she got a physical and stuff too.

But something interesting came up. She saw this one lady, who everyone regarded as a cold fish (in nicer terms).. I guess she is a very blunt person and gets to the point etc.. But that was who she was able to get for today.

She said she was a totally different person from the first time my mom saw her, it was really weird. I guess she was more friendly, etc. And she brought up the comment I wrote on the news story about how my doctor had really helped me out even though he could have kicked me out, etc..

Apparently its the only one she remembers as the most touching, or something like that and she has a whole new appreciation for me as a person..

Guess her previous opinion wasn't very high? Can't say I blame her, but then again she doesn't really know me either.. Oh well. Funny storry I guess.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It's so easy to make snap judgments...it's a good reminder to me to be more tolerant in the cases I seem to forget to be.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.