difficulty getting meds !! why we need a stash

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Polar Bear

difficulty getting meds !! why we need a stash

Post by Polar Bear »

Two weeks ago I telephoned my GP practice to get my month's supply of medication which includes 2 different dosages of Ropinerole as agreed with my doc. This is because of symptoms 24/7 and the fact that the 1mg pill does not cut easily. So I get some 1mg pills and some .5mg pills. The .5mg pills halve very easily and so I can make up a .75dose and a 1.25 dose without difficulty.

For the second month in a row there has been a difficulty with the medical practice, so when, two weeks ago on the Monday, I ordered I explained very clearly that both dosages were required and why.

Next day, Tuesday, I rang to confirm the script was ready for collection. - yes, the .5mg is ready. ...... What about the 1mg ?? Receptionist asked why I needed 2 different doses, I explained ' that I had already explained' and did so again :twisted: and she agreed to request it again.

Next day, Wednesday, receptionist said script for 1mg was written but not yet signed.

Next day, Thursday, receptionist said doc (my own doc was on hols) would not sign the script as 4 weeks ago I had got a 3 month supply of 100 pills????

I don't think so - no way ..... I explained that I took 3 of the 1mg x daily. Receptionist says it doesn't say that on your records.
I explained as patiently as I could :x again, that my full daily dose is 4.75mg, and about the need to halve pills etc. etc.

I asked for a doc to phone me, was told none available, I then asked for an appt to get the matter sorted. From the ether a doc was available and would ring me within the hour.

True to her word doc (not my own doc) phoned me in a half hour and I explained all (again), doc found that in my records in January that it stated I needed 3 x 1mg, plus .5mg pills, daily. And wrote me the necessary script. So 2 scripts were ready for collection.. yipppeeee

Friday, I went to the practice to collect the 2 scripts. Got, 3 scripts. --- one for the .5, one for the 1mg, and other for the 1mg that the doc who wouldn't originally sign then decided to sign.

I will make an appt with my own doc to make sure that all is very clear on the computer for repeat prescriptions.

At least I now had my scripts for meds, after 5 working days, and left them into the pharmacy. Ropinerole usually has to be ordered in.

On Monday past I went to the pharmacy to collect them.
Hmmm... well we had to order these and they won't be in until tomorrow, Tues.

OK, on Tuesday I went to collect and was given some 1mg, and some .5mg. They owed me the remainder which would be available on Thursday.

So I left it until today Friday, phoned up, and it seems that no wholesaler in N. Ireland has any ropinerole left of any dose. They are having difficulty getting it from the manufacturers.

It is a matter of waiting.
I am pretty much okay for a month (I try to always have an extra week's stash also) - but what about those who are out of their meds. ??

By the way, the pharmacist told me I am the only person he knows who is on this medication. :shock:

So, bottom line, - I am fortunate in that I am capable of sorting things out, I know when something is incorrect and can stand my ground with a receptionist/whomever.

What about someone who is more vulnerable, how can they ensure that they have the correct medications/dosages. On occasions I had to stamp my feet with my mother's medical practice over incorrect dosages provided, and pills which were requested being left off a script!!

OK, rant over.. I was so cross with the medical practice.... have calmed down now over that.

But where is all the ropinerole ??
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Neco

Post by Neco »

That's horrible..

I've had supply problems with my meds before, and had issues getting scripts rewritten because they were dated too far apart, etc.. I ended up having to go to the office to explain to my doc a couple months ago exactly what the problem was. The way HE got the message was that I was requesting an early refill, which was not true at all.

This is why I always make my appointments and deal with things in person if I can.. I hate using the telephone for other reasons, but these screw ups are even more reason to.

Sometimes I have to wait to get my Methadone too, although they usually have enough to cover me until the order comes in. Apparently there are periodic supply problems as they are only allowed to make so much methadone in a period of time or some BS.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I only started having problems when my ropinerole was provided in the 2 different doses, and obviously what I said to the receptionist/what she heard/what explanation she passed on to the doc, ended up like chinese whispers. If my own doc had not been on hols there wouldn't have been a problem, or at least it would have been cleared up speedily.

I thought I was being a considerate patient by not making an appt and going to the health centre to have refills but there will definitely be an appt to ensure the computer has the information stated clearly 'on repeat'.

Sounds like you too, Zach, experienced the chinese whispers.

Am I the only person who thinks you can't depend on people to do things correctly, and not only half listen.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I felt like I was reading a script for a movie in which everything goes wrong! Unbelievable, PB.

But, not really.

It's all too believable because people often do NOT listen. Or, they have other things preventing them from hearing you. Maybe the person there is told that under no circumstances should she [insert whatever rule they made]. Because she's not paid to think for herself, but to follow rules, she does. Even when it's stupid.

I recently had my credit card used fraudulently. When I called the company who charged me, she explained that it other websites who order from her site and she simply fulfills, charges the customer, then gives the other website a cut of the take. So, they send her stolen card numbers. She was new in this and has just been taken for thousands of dollars in product that she shipped thinking it was a real order, only to find out that it was all stolen card numbers. So, she's out the product, the shipping costs AND the money she paid them.

So, she refunded my money. But, I'd already called my credit card company and canceled the card. Soon, I get a form that I have to fill out that asks me to identify the fraudulent charges.

Now, the charge from her was fraudulent. BUT, she gave a credit, so that all is even in terms of the credit card company. BUT, it was a fraudulent card. BUT, if I say it's fraudulent, they will go after her to collect the money and she'll have had to pay twice....

I have tried to explain this THREE times to the credit card folks. They do not get it. The first person couldn't follow the logic. The second person simply referred me to someone else. The third person followed the logic, but kept telling me I had to send in the form.

But, how I am I supposed to fill it out? I don't want to say it's not fraudulent if it impedes their investigation into what happened (and it wouldn't be the truth). But, I don't want her to have to pay twice when she was also screwed in the situation. I would gladly circle No if I thought it would be the end, but then they'd probably charge me for saying it was fraudulent when it wasn't, lol, and replacing my card, etc.

Aaarrrrgghhhhhhhhh!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yes Ann, you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Trying to be fair to the lady who refunded you, but also it is only right that the fraudulent cards are investigated.

Sometimes I think that folk who are manning phones, i.e. call centres, have a 'tick box' mentality, if something doesn't fit the boxes they are in a quandry....... or refer you to someone else.

Feel sorry for the lady who got stung.
Betty

Neco

Post by Neco »

Phone support at any major company always, ALWAYS reads from a script. Literally. That's why its so easy to confuse and stump them, and they just pass you on to get rid of you if they can't make sense of the situation, or escalate it to a more technical person / supervisor.

It's pathetic, really.

I don't want to pick on you Anne, but I think what you should have done first, was call the Merchant and attempt to square it away. And then since you had got a refund you could have told the CC company your card was lost, or someone picked your pocket, etc..

In this case though, I don't see how the company can go after this woman for any money. They haven't lost any money. And better yet, she should have some kind of a legal defense by pointing out she received orders from other companies and processes them.. The credit card company should then investigate the person who submitted the order -to- her with YOUR card number.. If her system verified it, then they should go after her verification service or again, investigate the person who submitted the order, and who submitted it to them, etc.. They can't get that information unless they talk to her at some point.

But truth be told.. she could be lying too right? And gave you a refund to try and cover her tracks ? :? Whatever the case, the CC company has to know so they can investigate

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It wasn't that easy Zach, as there were more charges on the card and I didn't know who had my number. I had to cancel it immediately.

I DID try to square it with the first one; as I was looking at my online bill, suddenly I saw other ones. Since the first woman was also scammed, just dealing with her didn't resolve it since she wasn't the one using my credit card number.

I think she was being honest since it happened with other product lines similar to hers. I ended up with acai pills, some face cream, and some vitamins....all from different vendors, all screwed the same way, I imagine.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

In this case its best to give a full report to the company and point out in your report that this particular vendor refunded your charges, and you don't think she should be pursued for any reimbursement, etc..

It's the only way to handle it I feel.