When is the last time anyone here had.......

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
jy13131

When is the last time anyone here had.......

Post by jy13131 »

A nice sweet NAP in the afternoon? And what would you give for one?
jy13131

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Oh.. a nap..... it would be such a joy.

Yesterday morning, (Sunday) I had been up for a while pottering about, came back to bed around 8am, read for a little while, hubby was getting up around 8.30am and I said I'll just see if I can go to sleep for a while.

I dozed off, and next I knew it was 10.30 am. I didn't go into a really deep sleep but it was lovely cos that meant I knew I was having a nice rest. If you know what I mean.... i.e......... if you are sleeping, you don't know you are sleeping, until you wake up ..... does that make sense.

Of course that also meant it was not the good deep sleep needed for good health and well being.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I take naps. It's the methadone. It lasts a LONG time in your body, so naps are again a pleasure. I have more trouble with the midnight to 4 AM hours as sometimes the Methadone just isn't enough. On those days I probably couldn't nap as I sometimes have some residual daytime RLS when I've had difficulty at night. But, if my night sleep has been good, I'm almost guaranteed to be able to nap at least 90 minutes without RLS. It sometimes will kick in at around the 80-90 minute mark, but that's OK.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

I have a nap almost every day in the late morning or noon hours, if I am sitting around doing nothing.

I'm pretty sure the Methadone is contributing to that, though I'm hoping it doesn't get much worse in that regard. I also get up early in the morning usually, for work, so I think that had something to do with it too. Even though I do get a full nights sleep. I am usually in bed at or just after 8pm although I will sometimes go sooner, or sometimes even earlier.

runkrun

Post by runkrun »

I'm also finally getting naps again, and I believe it's the opiates. The medication allows me to get adequate rest and relieves me of any symptoms.

jy13131

Post by jy13131 »

Ahhhh! The OPIATES AGAIN!! :P
jy13131

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

There are a few of us in here who have Circadian Rhythm Disorder along with the RLS, and we can't sleep at night, but can sleep like crazy during the day. My wish list would read more like: If only I could sleep at night and stay awake during the day. Sigh.
Susan

jy13131

Post by jy13131 »

I guess the grass is always greener! :?
jy13131

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yes - like Susan, I've always slept more easily during the day (I just awakened and it's 2:30...) and believe it to be a circadian issue. BUT - I couldn't nap before the opiates unless it was before noon or 1 PM. Anytime after that and I'd get RLS. Now, I can nap at anytime.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

I don't suppose any of us managed to marry someone with the same problem. I sure didn't. :)
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I did, I did!!!!!

I'm laughing as I type this as if I won some prizes. And, I guess I did. While he does prefer to stay up, he doesn't because of work schedules. If we didn't have work interfereing, we'd definitely be on the same schedule. And, it is nice.

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I didn't, hubby sleeps like a log. And if I disturb him when I get up he just pats me gently as I get out of bed, and goes over to sleep again quite easily. Then he just might have a wee nap during the day, circumstances permitting. :shock:

Sometimes I look at him sleeping, and much as I love him, I could give him a good shake. :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Aiken wrote:I don't suppose any of us managed to marry someone with the same problem. I sure didn't. :)

ROFL :lol: My dh is the exact opposite. He's been getting up at about 5am lately to ride his bike the 20 miles to work every day. By the time I'm finally feeling human in the evening, he's heading off to bed. When he gets up, I'm usually just getting to sleep.
Susan

waterloo2

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all

I nap sometimes in afternoon or anytime because of the pain killers nearly knock you out. Good excuse eh?
Can anyone here please tell me does your rls go any speed slow fast you know the sort of thing?

Gill (UK)

Eternityroad

Post by Eternityroad »

When the RLS first escalated it was only at night. About a year after treatment I began getting RLS in the afternoon during naps. I couldn't get more than 20 minutes in. I wrote about it in my 'update' post near the top of the forum. While I am grateful it doesn't "kick" in at night I still would like a sweet nap, for gosh sakes!

:wink: