Can RLS Get Bad on its Own??

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Sleuth

Can RLS Get Bad on its Own??

Post by Sleuth »

The last couple of weeks I've taken Lithium and Wellbutrin for the first time. I only took each for about a week. I stopped the Lithium a week ago and the Wellbutrin 2 days ago. My RLS is the worse it's been in 2 years.

I don't think it's the medications I took that are causing this. Soooo....can RLS just get appreciably worse on its own?

Dale

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

From what I understand, yes it can just get worse, tho maybe there has been a contributory factor that you are unaware of.

For instance, my medication cover is doing the best it ever has (tho not perfect) and yet for no apparent reason I can have an evening/night where rls symptoms just go mad, and I don't know why.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

This has been going on for over a week now. Maybe the effects of the iron transfusion totally wore off because I'm right back where I was before then and then some. This is just a stab in the dark.

When you go for a while with very few symptoms and then they come back full blast, it is disappointing and take a bit getting used to again.

Dale

Eternityroad

Post by Eternityroad »

Last year I took Lortab for back pain. When I went off the Lortab the RLS came back that very night, despite my taking Ropinerole. No I supplement my treatment with a daily dosage of Lortab.

:wink: