Exercises?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Lewis21403

Exercises?

Post by Lewis21403 »

Hi all. Any one have a good work out routine they do to help with RLS? I feel like I put on 200 miles a night but I am looking for stretches etc. I am new to RLS so I dont wana do stretches that could worsen the problem. Thanks all...Lewis
Can some one get the snakes outa my veins?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Lewis - I haven't met a stretch that didn't help me if it stretched my leg and/or arm muscles (depending on what RLS I'm trying to reduce).

I love hurdle stretches, but they are hard on the body and the knees. The stretch looks like you are jumping over a hurdle: on the floor, one leg straight in front of you, with the knee bent on the other leg, foot and calf beside you/behind you.

Some yoga positions are helpful. But, all of these are hard to explain through typing....I wonder if there is some internet site that has stretches on it and you could look at the pictures?

Another ones that works well for me is to stand with one hand on a wall for support, pick up you foot so it's moving toward your butt, then grab it with your other hand, pulling on it.

But, my RLS is primarily in the front of my thighs, so that's the part I'm busy stretching. If your RLS is somewhere else, you will need different stretches.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Scarlett46

Post by Scarlett46 »

I do these a lot. Kind of feels like it's affecting the whole leg in some way or another. I get into the above position, and then gently and slightly rock right and left. Coming out of the stretch, I straighten my legs into a standing forward bend, which stretches the back nicely. This is one of the best stretches for RLS, tightness after running, and even menstrual cramps.

Another one of my favorites is Half Pigeon.
I have really tight hips, and this really does the trick!

There are all kinds of online sites you can find stills and video of yoga poses. I found the above pictures just by googling the pose name for images. If I did yoga every day, I think my RLS, sleep, mood, etc... would be much improved. It really feels great, but like any exercise regimen... it seems so hard to find the time to do it regularly...
"After all... Tomorrow is another day!"

Neco

Post by Neco »

Sorry, that guy just makes me laugh..

bathroom humor :oops:

Lewis21403

Post by Lewis21403 »

He looks like he's praying for a good outcome :lol:

Lewis21403

Post by Lewis21403 »

by the way, thanks for all the good feedback. I will put it to good use...Lewis :D