Different Speeds

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
waterloo2

Different Speeds

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if, your rls, has different speeds slow quick etc.,
Please help.

Gill (UK)
:roll:

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

No, not really. Can you explain that a bit what you mean by different speeds?
Susan

waterloo2

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi

Well the speed of your legs is the movement slow or fast.

Gill :roll:

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Gill, I don't understand what you mean by 'speed of your legs'.
The sensations are usually just that i.e. a sensation - a strange crawling feeling. The feeling may be strong, or not so strong, rather like a headache could be mild, or really severe. But I don't understand where speed comes into it ??

Can you explain further, so we can understand what you mean by speed.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Neco

Post by Neco »

I think she means, how we cope with it..

Sometimes I rock my legs back and forth, or rock back and forth, or tape my foot or leg slow or fast..

Stuff like that.. However, that is down to the individual and how fast they choose to do that for temporary or mild relief, it has nothing to do with RLS itself Gil..

If you are getting involuntary movements that you are not controlling, like you notice your leg twitch by itself every so often, that is something different from RLS

dogeyed

Post by dogeyed »

Hey Gil,
Sometimes my legs jerk around HARDER or maybe faster, as you say, than other times. This almost always is because I was up on my feet during the day longer than usual or did too much walking. This also happens if I take anything with antihistimines in it. Couple home cures are to stretch your calves out real good when they act up, or to put on support stockings that keep the muscles quiet, or to put a heat pad on your legs or take a hot bath. An Alka Seltzer at bedtime helps you get to sleep. But if they would just give you some form of codeine, you take that, and your legs stop bothering you immediately, no matter how bad or fast or spasmy they get.
GG
"It's not how old you are; it's how awful you feel."