Constipaion?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Lewis21403

Constipaion?

Post by Lewis21403 »

Hi all. I tried searching the forum for an answer but everytime I backed out of a thread my computer would display the famous "this page has expired" So my question is, I take Tylenol 3's, 3 times a day. Morn. noon, and even. Been on it for a month and I gotta say, I am in heaven. This stuff works great. Anyways, the side effect of being backed up is a little rough. I take a stool softner every day but I feel like you guys might have a better solution??? Lewis
Can some one get the snakes outa my veins?

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Constipation is the price we pay for relief if we take opioids. :roll: My doctor has me taking Senecot, with both stool softener and laxative, 2-3 tablets a day. I also eat several Fiber One bars (very yummy!) every day, and drink lots of water. But if I forget to stay ahead of it, I end up being backed up about out of my nose.
Susan

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

My doctor prescribed Miralax for constipation. Its a powder, mix a cap full in coffee, water, tea, juice anything. Disolves completely, you can't even taste it. Very gentle. You can even take it every day. With a prescription it is very cheap. The best and easest I've ever used.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I've tried a few different opioids and I have to say that some stop me up more than others. No idea why! Maybe half life?

Same as everyone else, I guess: fiber in my diet, fiber supplements, stool softener, walking (always helps me), lots of water. I find that certain fiber is "better" fiber for me, no idea why. Beans are very helpful, but I could eat 2 cups of raspberries (8 grams per cup, so 16 grams) and not get the benefit of a 1 cup of beans (10-20 grams), even though the grams is the same. it doesn't make sense, just the way it works in my body. If you're not familiar with fiber counts, definitely look them up so you can at least sub things with higher fiber if you like it as much as something with lower fiber, such as a pear (6 grams) for a slice of honeydew melon (1.5 grams) let's say.

I am lactose intolerant; it gives me just about instantaneous loose stools. When things get bad, I eat dairy. A milk shake? Guaranteed to get me in the bathroom in an hour or so.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I use otc Senekot regularly, say alternate nights. Probably could do with using it every night. Plus the usual fruit and veg, as much as poss. Porridge every morning, and drinking lots of water. I never drink soda, but have a constant drink available, of usually plain tap water, or with just a hint of dilute cordial added.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Lewis21403

Post by Lewis21403 »

Thanks for the replys. I will check into this fiber thing...Lewis
Can some one get the snakes outa my veins?