Too much press???

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
IanFraughton

Post by IanFraughton »

Thanks for the big hug becat I needed that. Thank you also Ann for your encouraging words. I know this is going to take a lot of time and I'm probably going to go through more hell over the next couple of months but I know its time and I'm ready for it cause I know I'm loved and have a good family and friends who care for me. I realize this is more than I can handle on my own so the day after my birthday tomorrow I'm checking myself into the psychward. I am no longer going to be imbarrased for having a mental disorder and chronic pain and no one, especially a doctor is EVER going to call me a lier. I have a doc appoint this afternoon and I'm going to tell him everything. If he doesn't believe me and the councillor (who is rushing me into see a Psychiatirst instead of the 3 month wait) then he can go to hell. I'm fighting for my very existance and I won't accept anything but his complete and total attention to my problems.

I will try to work on that Quality of Life statement for you becat but my head is a little messed up a.t.m but I will definately keep it in mind. I don't know if I will be able to get on line for awhile but I will try. It will be hard not talking to you all, but I will atleast know your out there and your thinking about me so that will be enough till I can. Since I'm checking myself in they will allow me to come here and use the computer but first I have to give myself sometime to heal.

Thanks again to all who have helped me and put their own pain aside to get me through mine. I love you all dearly and wish you the very best life has to offer.

Until then :D :wink:

Ian
I call my pacing the "Waltz of the Damned". Anyone care to dance...?

becat

(((((((IAN)))))))))

Post by becat »

((((((IAN)))))))
Happy Birthday at the very least, good people born in March, but we are sensitive ones. I cried this afternoon about Brady and the position he is in. I'm crying now for you.
I think if you need the help your more than brave to make it happen. I send you my thoughts and prayers, and all the good wishes I can.
You know we'll be here for you as well, never let that thought leave you.
Make yourself better, bring a new hope to your life, a clean path you've created.
Be Blessed and we'll talk to you soon.

jan3213

Good luck Ian

Post by jan3213 »

It's Jan

I doubt if I have ever replied to one of your posts, Ian. I have read them--the exchanges you and Brady have had.

I'm so sad, just like Becat. Brady is a good friend and he'll be missed.
However, I'm glad you're going to get the help you may need. It really makes me angry when doctors don't listen (forgive me, I'm not really familiar with your problem).

I just wanted you to know that you DO have a family here. We will wait for you. Get some rest, Ian. Happy Birthday! And, I hope this is a start of a whole new, peaceful YOU!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

IanFraughton

IanFraughton

Post by IanFraughton »

Well I'm out of hospital,

It was quit stressfull but I survived. The docs want me to quit smoking pot for 3-6 months to make sure my depression isn't because of my drug addiction. I'm also not to take any sleep meds :( . God, I haven't slept in almost a month, but I guess they know what they are doing(I hope).

My ex was here when I showed up :( . Wanted to know if I was going to give he the computer as we agreed who ever wanted it would pay half. Since she went and spent what little we got from selling some of our stuff on her coke addiction and left me stuck borrowing money from my mother to move her stuff I feel she shouldn't get it. She hasn't even offered to pay back any of the money I borrowed. I know it has nothing to do with anything I'm just ticked off! All she thinks about is herself and if thats the case she's on her own.

Anyways I just wanted to post to let you all know I'm going to make it, and I missed you all. Hope you all have a wonderfull day :D

Ian

Sara

Post by Sara »

Welcome back, Ian! :D

Glad to get an update, and know where you stand.

I wonder about the pot smoking. I know pot CAN be GOOD for a number of diseases, presumably... but I THOUGHT I read somewhere that it's decidedly BAD for chronic depression. Did the docs mention that specifically, or just say that being "addicted" to it could be making your depression worse? Like I said, I don't know all that much about cannibus, but I thought I did hear that pot exacerbated depression and isolationist tendencies.

Sorry you have such a mess with your ex, too. Sure, it's "off-topic" in ONE sense... but stress notoriously increases sleeplessness and many here notice it increases their RLS symptoms as well. So, really, this sort of thing IS apropos to your general health and well-being. Hope that she drifts back out of your life again soon.

Take care of yourself.
Sara

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Glad you are out, Ian, and getting on with things. I still think that this was an incredibly courageous step. I may come from a different perspective and it's completely personal, but it seems to me that being sober for a while is so important to getting to the root of things. So many of us self-medicate because we're in pain - emotional, physical, pain caused by chemical imbalances, etc. Whether we use drugs, food, money, etc., we're just trying to make things better using what we think is working. But, I really think they can make it worse. If you haven't tried a 12-step program, IMHO it's one of the best things you could do. I went to my first one 16 years ago and it was a life-changing experience for me. I had lots of people in my life that I allowed to perpetuate my misery. 16 years later I have a life so different; sometimes I'll be relaying a story to my DH and I realize that he doesn't understand - our life is so removed from the one I grew up living that it's like I'm a different person completely. I only have one friend in my life from the time before I started on the path of self-discovery; she's been on a parallel path. All of the rest? I had to leave it behind to make way for the life that I now have. Writing this infuses me with gratitude; it's like a fairy tale in some ways.

Ann

becat

Hi

Post by becat »

Hi Ian,
I'm grateful to hear from you. I want you to know your still in my thoughts and prayers.
Take your medication....SLEEP. Your body and mind will surely thank you.
Just my opinion, keep the computer, better you than a pawn shop.
You hang in there and know that your on the path to a better you every day.
One step at a time.

IanFraughton

Post by IanFraughton »

Thanks all,

I'll take it one day at a time and see how it goes. Pot probably does make it worse but I don't really care anymore, sick of RLS and the rest. I am going to try to cut down and maybe even quit for awhile, but only when I'm ready.

I gave her the comp btw, if she wants it she can have it. Can always get another. Not worth the headache...

Still exhausted but whats new, atleast my neck doesn't ache quite so bad anymore but still quit painfull. Oh well, lol.

squirmy

Post by squirmy »

You are not being nasty. I wish the name for this condition was not Restless Leg Syndrome, because our legs are restless as a result of the torturous sensations running throughout our bodies. It would be an entirely different thing if the only symptom was leg movement, but that is what everyone thinks it is. Some people move their legs to stay alert, and many would think that restless leg syndrome would be the diagnosis, because it fits the name. I can't think of a better name for this condition, but I wish whoever names these things would find a name that didn't minimize this condition. Tina
RLS, SLE (Lupus) and Asthma

squirmy

p.s.

Post by squirmy »

oops, I posted my reply (above) on the wrong topic, sorry. Tina

squirmy

Post by squirmy »

I wish the name for this condition was not Restless Leg Syndrome, because our legs are restless as a result of the torturous sensations running throughout our bodies. It would be an entirely different thing if the only symptom was leg movement, but that is what everyone thinks it is. Some people move their legs to stay alert, and many would think that restless leg syndrome would be the diagnosis, because it fits the name. I can't think of a better name for this condition, but I wish whoever names these things would find a name that didn't minimize this condition. Tina

becat

New Press release for We Move

Post by becat »

OOOOOO Ya'll gotta see this. It's a new press release from We Move about Life in Motion.
The first page has a short video, RLS is the first subject. Listen to what is said.
http://www.wemove.org

If I didn't do this right go to the home page for We Move. It is the under the heading of:
We Move Launches Life in Motion.....awarness campaign........
Whooooooooo Hooooooooo.........

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

Thanks Becat. That's great! It is short, but it has ALL in it. Even the hopelessness. But I'm still waiting for a cure!

Thanks, Corrie