time for venting

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
waterloo2

time for venting

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all
Time for venting again. Am having another bad night with the rls/arthiritis its 2.55 am 2 pain killers and a cuppa.
Geez im worn out.
Thanks for listening.
Gill x

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Hi Gill: I know what you mean. I have been suffering with pain for several days. Is it the fibro, artheritis or what. It seems to move, from my foot, to my back to my wrist and on and on. The pain is really bad at night. I have about 8 vicodin, that I hoard for the bad times. And tonight is one of them.

So I hope you find some relief. And sometimes venting on here is about all that helps. Just getting it out and saying it. I try not to complain to much and my husband isn't a very good listener anyway. So I just suffer all alone. So when I can say my two cents worth on here, and know that people understand. My RLS is doing fairly well, with the Mirapex. But its all the other things that are giving me trouble. :roll:

Wishing you the best, take care. BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

badnights

Post by badnights »

Hi Gill
I 'm really sorry for your bad night. I hope there aren't too many of those. Hope those pain killers kick in...
Where in the world are you that it's 3AM when it's 7PM in my land...

b

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I understand that Gill is UK, same as me.
Its now 4am over here,

Betty, doesn't everything always seem worse in the middle of the night, and with several different conditions how can we separate one symptom from another ?

Its like...... hmmm.... rls not too bad and having a measure of control...... pains not to bad at present .... so what can Mr Mischief find...... yeah..... insomnia.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

ah gee. May all of you find some rest.

waterloo2

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all
Thanks again for listening. Im on mirapex too have just started taking it have only been on it for about 1 week have to ring dr tomorrow for appointment.
I have 0steo Arthiritis broken bones., and im riddled with it.
Gill

badnights

Post by badnights »

There are bad nights, but there always good times eventually, even after they seem impossible. Good luck with the Mirapex.

waterloo2

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi Beth
What strength of mirapex are you on and do they help?
Gill

doety

vent

Post by doety »

I need to vent! I haven't been here in a while because I just get so damned tired of the same old, same old. I take a Klonopine and 20 mg. of Methadone and I never get more than two hours sleep at a time. It gets SO old. I go up bed at 10, up at 12, down again, up at 2, then 4, then 6. If I'm lucky I get a few more hours in the early morning.

Is that the cyclical thing we do....anybody got a cure for it (yuck, etc.). I want a night's sleep so much.

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

doety: You are not alone. I thought I was the only one that only slept 2 hours at a time. Its like clock work, every 2 hrs I wake up. Of course before the Mirapex, most of the time I wasn't even sleeping 2 hrs at a time. I feel doomed to live the rest of my life like this. I'm just grateful for any little blessing. Of course, I'm 74 so probably there isn't much time left.

Take care, doety, wish you better times.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Doety and Betty/WV - you are both so not alone.

I sleep about 2 hours, I'm up for perhaps 3 hours, and maybe then get another hour or so, and that's with using a sleeping pill. I spoke to doc, who reluctantly offered 14 x 10mg temazapam on condition I took it only every 3rd or 4th night. It also does nothing for me ......... zilch ...

One night I was naughty and doubled the dose to 20mg and got 5 hours. And don't know if doc will give me any more.

I would give almost anything for a night's sleep.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I imagine most of us have some sort of fragmented sleep. I know I do. I don't mind it in the first part of the night as I awaken at 90 minute intervals, so I know I'm getting in a complete sleep cycle. But, after two cycles, then the awakening becomes more frequent, until it's at 5-20 minute intervals. That is what I truly hate.

What most of us would give for sleep that lasts at least 7 hours and is continuous. BLISS!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

If awakening comes at 5 - 20 minute intervals, it must seem almost as if you are only dozing.
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:If awakening comes at 5 - 20 minute intervals, it must seem almost as if you are only dozing.

Amazingly, I can actually dream in that time, but usually it is stage 1 sleep and my brain is highly active and I'm aware of it. It doesn't feel like sleep at all.

I wonder if I wouldn't be better just getting up. But, I keep trying in hopes I will actually fall asleep again.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

lexique

Post by lexique »

Another one of those posts that makes me feel just a little bit guilty for feeling better, even just for a moment, because I know that we are not in this alone.

Once I get to sleep I can usually manage 2 1/2 to 3 hours, though on a really good night I can make it to all the way to 5, those are bliss!!! But once I am up once it is a constant battle to get back to sleep for more than 15-20 minutes at a time. There are lots of mornings that I just give up and try to function, with limited success. Once and a while the cats decide to come cuddle which helps the time pass more quickly, but it still sucks to constantly watch the clock just waiting for the hour that I have to go to leave for work, knowing that the next night we will all do it all over again.

Praying you all find your own source of relief soon.