Circulation Booster

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
waterloo2

Circulation Booster

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all
Has anyone here heard of The Circulation Booster it is dear but I am seriously thinking of buying one.
Gill

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Gill----Interested in knowing what the Circulation Booster is. Never heard of it.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

waterloo2

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi
If you type in google Circulation Booster it will tell you.
Thanks.
I had a very bad night last night.
Ended up crying my eyes out.
Gill

badnights

Post by badnights »

The Ciruclation Booster is like a TENS unit for the feet. It's built like a foot scale, and the electrical impulses come through footrest pads to stimulate your lower leg muscles into contracting. USes same technology as TENS and in fact even comes with extra sticky electrode pads for areas other than your feet.

Its purpose is to increase circulation and reduce pain from swelling in the legs and ankles. One review I read said that it works as advertised, but if you are not disabled, getting up and walking around does the same thing. From one doc on a podiarty site: "I recommend the circulation booster only in the case of venous disease/valvular dysfunction. It makes sense to me that increasing muscle activity will aid venouse return. I see little evidence supporting its use with arterial disease."

Since RLS is pretty well known to be a neurological problem, not a problem with circulation or inflammation, I don't see how the Circ Boo could help BUT it might prove to be a pleasant distraction and that might be just what you need to keep your mind away from the RLS. Not sure how you could fall asleep with it tho...

waterloo2

Post by waterloo2 »

hi beth
my hubby says a waste of money....lol
so am not bother in with that one.
thanks.
gill