Comfort Food

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
waterloo2

Comfort Food

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all
Does anyone here suffer from comfort eating because of the rls. I do., and does anyone have the tugged movement and sudden jerk they are killers for my arthiritis.
Am having a terrible night and am comfort eating.
There is nothing to be had because of the side effects would make me very ill so not worth the risk.
Thanks for listening.
gill (UK) x :evil: :cry:

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Hi Gill: Yes, I think I suffer from comfort eating. When you are up prowling the house at all hours of the night, I always end up eating. I read somewhere that most RLSers are overweight. Is it any wonder???

I know what those nights are like, I have suffered with them for 30 to 40 years. Walking the floor, crying many times, so tired and yet I can't rest. :x Sometimes I feel I have no quality of life. It is just one of getting by, and suffering. I also have artheritis. Plus other health problems. :?

Hope you find relief. Keep us informed as to how you are doing.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yes, Gill and Betty, I am also prowling the house during the night and eating way too much, could call it comfort eating, but can't be sure that it can be entirely blamed on the actual RLS symptoms..... perhaps more on boredom during the long night. I am also taking steroids for another health issue which means that extra weight and fluid is already chasing me.... actually the extra weight and fluid caught up with me. :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Polar Bear

Re: Comfort Food

Post by Polar Bear »

[quote="waterloo2"
There is nothing to be had because of the side effects would make me very ill so not worth the risk.
:[/quote]

Gill: I know you have posted many times about your rls symptoms and arthritis, and how there is no medication which will help without bad side effects. I find it hard to understand that you cannot get at least some relief from your rls, perhaps I am wrong here, but would an opiate not give at least some relief to both conditions, i.e. rls and arthritis.

Have you emailed Dr B, lay it all out for him, and possibly then take a copy of the correspondence to your doc. This may help where a doc is reluctant to prescribe strong pain killing relief,

I have suggested before that you take your hubby or a friend with you to the doc, did you ever do this?
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation