Crazy rituals though the years..

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

I agree, Ann. We should share more of those dark feelings we have. And I really feel I am able to, here more than in my "real" life. Sometimes I feel I don't ever have a Real life. That is what helps so much about this site, I have come here at 3am and rambled and ranted and vented, standing up at the computer because the legs were so bad I couldn't sit. And it feels so good to let go of all those morose (my new word) feelings. I don't unload with my friends and family like this. Only with my daughter can I tell her what I'm going throught and to a certain extent, she understands.

No I didn't take wrong what you said, I understood. And I do try not to be so gloomy, even here. But when I need to let go of those feeling, this is the only place I can do it. Like I said to faces I have never seen and voices I have never heard but to people who are loving, supportative and caring. And I'm very grateful.

You Ann are always there to help. And I'm thankful for that also.

Take care and wish you a good nights sleep. BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

I agree with you all. No one wants to think they are the only one's not getting any sleep and no one should hold back when they are because in the end it's a endless cycle. It just goes round and round.

I got 8 hours sleep last night. This past week i've gotten more than in the past several weeks.
It's like I have to repeat the "ritual" I did the night before or something will go wrong.
I do think the fact that it's getting darker earlier is one of the things helping me.
The other is the stockings. I'm used to them now and wear them 23 1/2 hours a day. My pain in my legs is just a little bit and the jumping is minimal.

You guys are great, warts and all.LOL
Finally able to sleep on average 9 hours a night!
Brenda

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Warts and "Crazy Legs" what a sight. I was always told, "don't get on those sites with chat rooms, you'll be sorry." I am not of the computer generation, I'm 74. So when I got a computer my family thought I would not be able to figure it out. Well, to a limit I have. They were giving me all these warnings. I don't know if they thought I was going to meet a handsome young man and run off with him or what. HaHa thats a real joke. Who would want me with my "Warts" and "Crazy Legs". And I don't get on chat rooms, but when I came across RLS.org one morning at 3 am, writhering in misery I have been chatting with you guys since, and what a plus it has beeen.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I have been 'off line' for a day or so with computer problems and felt like part of me was missing. I am 61 and can just about make my way around the computer.

I have also been told by 'friends' .... stay away from those support sites/forums, that they are used by crazy folk who just want to moan and gripe and will pull everyone else down. I got so angry........ Perhaps there are some sites like that.... but not this site. Happy was the day (or more likely the night) that I discovered it and I dread to think what state I would be in had I not found it.

Some recent posts in this thread have been pretty poignant, thank goodness for our online friends.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

I've checked out a few discussion boards and chat rooms over the years and have not been even remotely tempted to join them. This one seems to be different, maybe because it's so well moderated. People seem to treat each other respectfully and have open minds.

I think if we post our unhappy thoughts as well as our happy ones, it helps to keep us in a sort of balance, even in our time away from the computer. And although reading unhappy thoughts might make us feel bad if we're in a certain mood, it also could console us that we're not alone (a powerfully positive feeling sometimes) and also gives us the opportunity to try to make someone else feel better- and whether or not it works for the other person, it will probably help us to feel we're needed or being helpful.

PS Congrats on the 8 hours, sugbrendas! You remind me of my son, who was a hockey goalie when he was younger, and always did certain rituals to make sure the game went well!

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Me too, PB. This site supplies something I've never had before. You all are different than any of my friends. I can't talk to them like I do to you. And they wouldn't talk to me like you do. Its amazing. When I accidently ran across this site, everything changed, I began to understand RLS, I was getting information, support and encouragement. If I don't shut up, I will start getting all mushy and you all will be deleteing me. :roll: :?

See you around. Anyway I think I'm addicted to this site.

BETTY/WV

My computer was out of order for a few days and I was lost. Who would have thought?????

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Aw, this is one of those bittersweet threads, I'm smiling and tearing up at the same time.

You guys rock....warts and all.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

sugbrendas

Post by sugbrendas »

you all are awesome,
I knew someone was missing PB, I know I disapear time to time. The computer crashes and sitting still long enough to find you guys is hard.
I'm usually only at the computer -at most 10 minutes and gotta get up.

I got a newsletter from Dr Early awhile back and it stated that L Dopa has been found to cause augmentation. I got it just a couple of months ago so i'm sure it was a recent study.
PB,don't know if you saw my post about a study Dr Early is doing @ Hopkins.
I don't think i'm going to do it but all of the contact info is there.
I just don't want to mess with nothin right now that i'm finally getting some sleep.

So heres to salt over my shoulder, my pj's on backwards, lol.

I am very computer illiterate, i've been wanting to sell on eBay but so far am only buying like crazy,LOL..I am 55.

I feel very tired today-even with sleep. My Dr called and wants to send me to the not so good Neurologist. Dr Early is for emergencies I guess.

I just want to make sure all of this sudden onset pain in my legs is RLS and not something missed because they know I have RLS.

And yeah, some people look at me like I have a 3rd eye when I say I have RLS,like it's nothing.

Brenda
Finally able to sleep on average 9 hours a night!
Brenda