Link btwn Nexium and RLS?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
skoik

Link btwn Nexium and RLS?

Post by skoik »

I am wondering if there is any significant information on a possible link between longterm use of reflux medications such as Nexium, Prilosec and Ranitidine and RLS. I have only a vague theory right now, but am starting to wonder if I perhaps have two and two to put together. If I remember correctly, something I heard said that some reflux medications act as histamine blockers -- like an antihistamine cold medication?? Such as aggravates RLS???!!!

Thanks.

becat

Post by becat »

Hi skoik,
Yes I am careful to read the warnings on medications.
I was surprised to find as many as I did........Parkinson's medications were listed on several things. You are right about acid meds.. sinus meds., other stomach meds..
I always try to look up any new medication they try on me, which makes me reject trying the meds..side effects that are worde that the problem.
If you have question about what your tying to mix...ask your pharmcist.
Good luck and have a great day

becat

Post by becat »

sorry ended too soon.
Your question is a great one. I often wonder what the effect of Mirapex is going to do. For now the reflux meds. are protectional and I am careful with them.
You know Glaxosmithkline has 3 research studies going on in the USA. I'm thinking about throwing these kinds of questions at them. What would you think about that?
Maybe our websight could send out an entire list......hhhhmmmmmmmm,
have a good one