Sleeping Position

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
climber

Sleeping Position

Post by climber »

I sleep in the prone position and am wondering if certain positions are better or worse for RLS.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I sleep on my right side leaning slightly over onto my front, with my left leg pulled up and forward.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

My husband used to swear the only way to stop RLS (tho we didn't have a name for it 20-odd years ago) was to lie prone with toes hanging over the end of the bed. I don't seem to have a position that triggers it or that gets rid of it, tho I can lie on my stomach with my legs bent like a frog's and that seems to help if it's mild. Also the hurdlers stretch, and lying on my hands or propping my hands up against some other part of my body so they stay bent inward (I get it in my arms too).

Scarlett46

Post by Scarlett46 »

I normally sleep in the "h" position... That is, either side; with one leg bent, and one leg straight, sometimes leaning slightly towards my stomach.

When my RLS is bad though, I curl up into a ball on my knees with my head buried in the sheets. Or kneeling backwards on the couch, rocking back and forth.
"After all... Tomorrow is another day!"