Tens Machine

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Polar Bear

Tens Machine

Post by Polar Bear »

I know that Tens machines have occasionally been mentioned in posts.

Has anyone used a Tens machine:
Before symptoms might usually break through to see if it makes a difference.
While symptoms are active, to see if it helps.

I know if a Tens helped then we'd all be using one.... but has anyone felt any benefit :roll:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi Polar Bear....I have a tens machine for trapped nerve pain , have tried it for rls ....no joy
sleep is not only a dream

sleepdancer

TENS is a lifesaver for me

Post by sleepdancer »

Got my TENS machone on right now :D in preparation for bed. It has enabled me to be off meds for the RLS/PLMD. My focus in its use is the PLMD.

I'm curious, for those who tried it for RLS, where did you place the electrodes? I spent 2 miserable weeks trying to figure out the best place, and all that's worked for me is the lower back for about 45 minutes before bedtime. I would think for RLS it would be best to use it before symptoms start. In all these weeks there was maybe 3 nights I had to get up during the night and do another round with the TENS then go back to bed. My nights still aren't perfect, but at least they are not miserable and I am getting blocks of sleep every night.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Where to place the electrodes?? I haven't tried the machine but as I have rls symptoms from right shoulder/arm down to ankle (not trunk) reckon I'd spread them shoulder/arm/leg/lower leg.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

I tried it for RLS, did nothing . electrodes in various positions around lower back.
Wonderful for sciatica, electrodes making an X on the lower back (one red and one black on each side if you have 4, in the soft part). (probably with only 2 it would work with one on each side.)