The Breaking Point with WED/rls

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
dogeyed

Post by dogeyed »

Betty,
I am sorry Dr. B did not help you, but I guess I understand his position. I AM glad the neurologist is looking at your whole picture and that he understands withdrawing from those two drugs might be causing your depression. Also, while Horizant may be new, that doesn't mean it won't help. I imagine he wants to put it with Mirapex, so that perhaps later after your emotions and so forth settle down, you can go off the Mirapex and just take the Horizant and see how you do. It's worth trying. And could be if it does not work for you or causes problems, then this neurologist may try other medicines, including perhaps finally opiates, in hopes of getting you completely straight. I think you have some hope to hold onto. And you are going to feel worlds better when you go back with your Wellbutrin and tranquilizers, if you've started to go off them already.

I take a bunch of medicines, I am also older and overweight. And when I got RLS, before I received treatment, I thought I would lose my mind and I was SO miserable. But once they got that under control, i went back to the way i was. Your weight, you can then fool with that after you get your RLS straight, which might take a while. But then you can focus on the weight thing. For now, since exercise goes with weight control, and also since it makes a person feel better, you could jump-start the future weight thing by just taking slow short walks around the neighborhood for now, and drink water shortly before you eat so you won't need as much to feel full, plus water is good for you anyway.
GG
"It's not how old you are; it's how awful you feel."

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Dogeyed: You all don't know how much I appreciate your in put. I started back on the wellbutrin and klonpin yesterday. My neuro is very young but I am beginning to trust him more. Yes, he is planning, if need be, to start me on the Horizant along with the Mirapex.

I have about 30 lbs of weight that I put on so fast that I didn't really know what was happening.. I am going to keep tract of everything I eat. I know I will fail at times, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. And I Have a chair dancing tape that is fun to do. So I will try doing that, a little at a time. I just feel so ugly, I was overweight before and now this extra. But if I get over this depression I may feel more like exercising and watching what I eat.

Thanks again, Dogeyed.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

Just remember that depression colors your view of everything else. Get that under control and then you can work on the rest of it.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

chipmunk. that is so true. Its impossible to see things clearly through the fog of depression.

Betty/WV: My heart goes out to you, you want the comfort of your own little nest and to stop all the situations where you force a smile. Please please get help with the depression and deal with the WED as necessary. Wouldn't it be great to scatter magic dust and give you a week of peace and contentment.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Hi: I felt better today. Thats probably because my neuro put me back on the Wellbutrin and Klonopin. I took a couple naps today and I don't feel as shaky and nervous inside. Now what do I do with all this extra weight. I wish I knew why that happened so fast. (The weight gain.) And I never did well with a diet.

Thanks everyone for caring. I'm not used to that. You are a fine group, all of you

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand