MS and WED

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Rubyslipper

MS and WED

Post by Rubyslipper »

Ten years ago I went through a lot of testing for multiple sclerosis. It all came back inconclusive and eventually the doctor and I parted ways. Since that time I have been diagnosed with WED, fibromyalgia, sleep hypopnia and low thyroid functions. But certain symptoms have never fit into any of those disorders and that has always concerned me. As I needed to do bloodwork recently, I had a chance to talk to my GP about them. I typed tham all out so she could see them instead of trying to remember what I rattled off. Outcome--she agreed that my other health problems were not causing these symptoms and I am once again headed back to a neurologist for MS testing.

I have been doing some research and find that many people with MS also suffer with WED, just as do people with fibromyalgia. I don't know what the future holds for me but I was wondering if there were any people on the board who suffered with MS. I don't remember reading about any and I will try the search function but thought I would bring it up anyway.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I echo your feelings and had a discussion a few years ago with a doc who 'physically' checked me and said I had no obvious signs of MS. Recently I had a diagnosis of Fibro, the symptoms of which were probably what was giving me thoughts of MS.

Even so, possibly very many of us on this discussion board have a wee worry regarding MS.

I'm not aware of any of our posters having MS.
Good luck with your tests - I'd be really interested to know what the tests actually comprise of.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

I have also been evaluated for MS as I have many of the symptoms. The definitive test is an MRI with contrast. They inject you with a substance that will show up on the MRI in a certain way if you have MS.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

tracy, thanks for that information.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Miss Ruby, I hope that whatever the outcome, you find the help and support you need.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Thanks for the information and I think I have great support on here. We will wait and see what happens but I'm not afraid. Just want to finally find out what is going on.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)