Every little thing helps

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Polar Bear

Every little thing helps

Post by Polar Bear »

I was looking at the 2010 Annual Report of the RLSF while on their Home Page and came across these words:

''''''An old man walked along a shore littered with starfish, beached and
dying after a storm. A young boy was picking them up and tossing them
back into the ocean.
“Why do you bother?” an old man asked. “You are not saving enough
starfish to make a difference.”
The boy picked up another starfish and sent it spinning back into the
ocean. “Made a difference to that one,” he replied. '''''

This can be applied to any situation or circumstance.
I like it very much.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Laurachrissy

Post by Laurachrissy »

Awwwwwwww, I like that one too.
(Maybe we can be starfish....sure feels like I have a lot of legs at time)
RLS sux

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

We used that for quite awhile but it didn't seem to catch on. I hadn't thought about the "many legs" part of it.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

That's actually a great quote for teachers. I was a high school math teacher and it often seemed as though it didn't matter what I did, but I can think of several individuals for whom I did make a huge difference. Very encouraging quote.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Chipmunk:
your comment reminded me of something I read very recently about the people who have been important in your life...... it was along the lines of.....

can you remember the last 5 prime ministers, can you recall the winners of the last 3 X-Factors (major talent show). ..... No...

Now, can you remember a neighbour who was kind to you, can you recall a teacher who was helpful to you.

It shows us who is the more important in our lives.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

So true. I see it even more clearly in my sons' lives. A few people did small things for them - may have seemed small, but to my boys those things were huge.
We all have the potential to impact people that way every day. When I can remember that, it makes me think twice about what I do and say.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.