Just one more thing

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Rubyslipper

Just one more thing

Post by Rubyslipper »

Test results back from a skin biopsy I had done which shows small fiber neuropathy. Still trying to research that but at least the doctor seems to think the Horizant he just put me on will help. Has anyone else heard of this? It may also explain my "fibro" problems although what I have found so far doesn't tell me which came first or if they are interchangeable. Quite confusing and I can't find a good source on the internet for info.

Just one more thing!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

One of our members, several years ago, had small fiber neuropathy, IIRC. They thought it was RLS, but turned out to be SFN. I only remember her struggling for treatment.

Nice to have a name to it. I hope the Horizant works.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

A very nice overview of it here:

http://www.therapath.com/Overview.php

I found it interesting that something usually causes it - diabetes, lupus, celiac, fibro, and many more.

I also found it interesting that some people simply experience tenderness; for years I've had tender patches the come and go. They hurt to the touch - even clothing hurts. As probably with you, Ruby, I've had the tests for many of these other things and nothing shows as a positive.

You have to wonder why so many of us have such varied weirdness. The other day, my MIL said, "Boy, you really have a lot of problems." I hadn't thought of it that way until she said it and still don't think I do compared to many other people. But, she's right that I have several wierd symptoms with no defined cause....and can't help but wonder if it's not all related to the RLS/WED in some way.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

What little I have found on this confuses me because I don't have any of the problems that seem to cause it. I've been tested for many of them and don't have the symptoms for the rest. I don't have tenderness too bad, just bad body aches especially in my hands and legs and they are worse when the weather changes.

I don't think I have ever met anyone who has "just" RLS. There is always something else--fibro, sleep apnea, back trouble, etc. I've always thought of myself as pretty healthy until I start listing all the stuff wrong with me!

Thanks for the overview!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Laurachrissy

Post by Laurachrissy »

Rubyslipper wrote: I've always thought of myself as pretty healthy until I start listing all the stuff wrong with me!

Ain't that the dang truth!!!!

I don't know anyone with RLS that just has RLS either. That's like a really good point. Things that make you go, "Hmmmm".
RLS sux

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Recent posts are all so true.
I get embarassed when I have to list all that is wrong with me.
I sound like a hypocondriac.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:Recent posts are all so true.
I get embarassed when I have to list all that is wrong with me.
I sound like a hypocondriac.

Isn't that the truth????? And, sometimes it catches me off guard when I do list it - like I'm surprised I'm talking about me.

My grandmother had this as bad as, or worse than, I. It was a family joke about how many weird things were wrong with her....but how healthy she was anyway. She lived to 86 after decades of walking the floors until 3 or 4 am every night, then up by 7 or 8 AM to cook breakfast for the family, along with all the other weird stuff. Go figure. I sometimes wonder if I could have done that without any intervention. She didn't have any medication that worked until she was in her mid to late 70's.

Managing Your RLS