antidepressants and RLS

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
knlarse

antidepressants and RLS

Post by knlarse »

I have heard that some antidepressants can cause and/or aggrivate RLS. Does anyone know if there are some antidepressent medications that may have less of an effect on RLS?

SUGAR

amytriptaline

Post by SUGAR »

I don't know if I spelled it right, I know it is an anti-depressant and my doc prescribed it for peripheral neurapathy pain. That's what the pharmacist said anyways. it hasn't seemed to bother my RLS that much. I don't know about the depression thing, I have always had it but I have a hard time believing it. Ya know. It takes a while to work but I guess it's ok for me for now. But you know what works for one may not work for another. I love us!

Luv Sugs

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Whenever you want med info about RLS, always go to the rlshelp.org site. It's the best for that type of info; knlarse, all of the antidepressants are discussed here. Amyltriptiline can make RLS worse! It is an older tricyclic. I just can't emphasize how important it is to learn as much as you can. If I were new here or looking for info, I'd read every old post, but I'd start here.

http://beta.restlesslegs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=549

Ann

SUGAR

sorry

Post by SUGAR »

I just thought I would share my experience with it.

Lovechild3113

Serequil

Post by Lovechild3113 »

My doctor told me that serequil, an anti- depressent, bipolar, etc., usually makes RLS worse, but I have not heard of anything else.

Jamie
Jamie Wilderman

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sugar, it's great that you did post your experience, because as you said, many of us have different ones! It's great that it doesn't bother you, too! Many people are bothered by it, though, that's why the rlshelp/org site is soooo important. It can give us a starting place of many, many people's experiences. From there, we can add what we learn from the people here and have a solid foundation from which to make the most informed choices we can.

Ann