RLS "Ambassador" Opportunity

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
fraujoolie

RLS "Ambassador" Opportunity

Post by fraujoolie »

Hello Friends,

I was contacted by a pharmaceutical company (Glaxo Smith Kline) a few months ago, asking if I would be interested in their patient ambassador program. I believe they got my contact information through my doctor (Dr. B). I did express my interest, and the marketing coordinator spoke with me again this morning, saying that she is still looking for a few more people. They are looking to begin the program in January. Maybe some of you are interested in this?
The way she explained it to me -- GSK is starting up a patient ambassador program for a number of different health conditions. These ambassadors would be given training, then you would be on-call for different RLS events involving doctors, researchers, hospitals, pharmaceutical reps, etc. You are becoming "the face" of RLS, helping putting the human element to the disease, helping these stakeholders have a better understanding of what we go through on a daily basis. Some travel may be necessary, but some events could be Skyped in. In any event, all expenses are covered, including a small per diem stipend. From what she explained to me, it sounded like one could also turn down an appearance, if it conflicts with your schedule.
If you are interested, please inbox me, and I'll pass along the marketing rep's contact information. She said she would be in touch after the holidays.

And so Happy Festivus to all of you, and on to the Airing of Grievances!

Julie
Julie

Polar Bear

Re: RLS "Ambassador" Opportunity

Post by Polar Bear »

This sounds sucn an interesting opportunity.
Not suitable for me as I am in the UK,
but at last another step for RLS/WED information and learning.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Chipmunk

Re: RLS "Ambassador" Opportunity

Post by Chipmunk »

I might be interested, although it sounds a bit intimidating, even for someone like me who is used to speaking in front of groups.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.