DO I HAVE RESTLESS LEGS

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.

DO I HAVE RESTLESS LEGS

Post by guest »

I have pains in both legs. It is like growing pains. My MD said that it is RLS. What do you all think?

Re: DO I HAVE RESTLESS LEGS

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:I have pain in both legs. It is like growing pains. My MD said that it is RLS. What do you all think?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Dear guest, could you provide some more information? Or maybe you would want to look at the criteria. The following is copied from a page on this website.

Restless Legs Syndrome is an overwhelming urge to move the legs usually caused by uncomfortable or unpleasant sensations in the legs. The sensations have the following features:

Occur during periods of inactivity
Become more sensitive in the evening and at night
Are relieved by movement of the limb
Often cause difficulty staying or falling asleep, which leads to feelings of daytime tiredness or fatigue
May cause involuntary jerking of the limbs during sleep and sometimes during wakefulness

Does this apply to you? Only you and your doctor can decide if it's RLS; we can just provide opinions based on our own experience. Some people who had growing pains as a child determine that they have RLS as an adult. Are you a child with growing pains, or an adult that had growing pains and now have some of these symptoms?

Ann