[size=24]HELP[/size]

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.

[size=24]HELP[/size]

Post by Guest »

HELP HELP HELP

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

What can we help you with?
Beware the Penguin

becat

Post by becat »

Copied from my response in Non-pharm thread...........about the troll.
Jan is right, there is always going to be one sour apple in the bunch. It's not fun to have someone come in and play down what seems to effect our lives so badly. Many people are here to educate themselves and get the support of others in the same boat.
It's hard to see it in thread like this one, but this is not the normal way we deal with everyone. We call the "bad guest" a troll. Trolls shoudn't be fed, but ignored. This does not mean that I have not fed a few trolls before. I have. I simply try hard not to anymore. Bullies have to be dealt with sometimes, some are more likely to deal with them than others.
I think this troll reminded me most of how we RLSers feel we're seen in this world. When anyone makes light of our suffering it tends to tork us off. It speaks to us like the 100's of visits to the doctors and talks with family and friends, only to find no one understands. "Go to bed, if your tired!" "ok, we'll stop the car again so you can walk around, but you know we're wasting time." "take an aspirin and you'll feel better." "it's all in your head, don't think about it so much" "lose the weight and you'll be fine."
This guest said out loud what we feel most people are thinking about us.
That's why we are all still here and still helping one another. We're focused on getting better, educating ourselves, and making a difference for those that come behind us.
Nice Guest, don't leave the board, I do hope you come back. This is not who we are, but it's a good remeinder that we are devoted to protecting the sanity we find here.
It's a wonderful group of people here. The most caring and loving bunch you'll ever find. Get to know US and you'll see that.[/quote]