Numbness, pain behind the knees and ankles

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
jrowley

Numbness, pain behind the knees and ankles

Post by jrowley »

Ok I am sure this has been posted before but with all the post its hard to find anything on the topic...I have been having a lot of pain from the knees down and was wondering if anyone else has this...

I went to the doctor and he has sent me for venous doppler (which came out great) and now is sending me for a arterial doppler. He initionally thought the vericose veins were the problem but thats not the case...now he is thinking I may have PAD (Peripheral artery disease). So I am wondering if there is any corolation in the two...

All I know is everything I have tried to control the horrible RLS/PLM has or doesnt work...I now have it so bad that just sitting in my chair during the day is hard...I wish there was more to help. :evil:
Jan :roll: Can't wait to sleep!

rthom

Re: Numbness, pain behind the knees and ankles

Post by rthom »

wow, that's a good question, I've often wondered if my mother-in-law has it. She has had her veins done when she was younger and now they are making her nuts. I think it's rls and no one is catching on. But she's 85 and getting ornery, so i don't dare go there. If i upset her-her daughter'd rip a strip off me. She also had both those tests and one was normal but the other wasn't, can't remember which though. If i do i'll keep you in mind. Maybe whatever they say about her might be able to help you figure out your situation.
By the way nice bike! :mrgreen: 8)

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

Hehehe :lol: thank you...thanks for your post....I am hoping they find something out soon...I am so tired of the horrible pain i go through while at work all day and then the nights of not sleeping...

I have actually had two sleep studies done and the results were I jerk every 6 minutes which in turn wakes my brain...so even though i appear to be sleeping my brain is waking up for every jerk i do...so needless to say I never make / or rarely make it rem sleep...so you can imagine the bags under the eyes at my ripe age of 46 :roll: This whole mess has been nothing but a roller coaster ride for me...I have tried drugs from valium, miripex, requip, Klonopin, Neurontin, Carlidopa/levodopa, and Depakote for years and none of them working...some of them actually made it worse. According to my hubby my jerks are from the waste down...when I feel it awake its mostly from the knee down...needless to say i walk around like a zombie for most of my day.. :twisted: But its been recently that the constant pain...previouse it was occasional pain when i became extremely tired but now its daily pain and makes me feel like a little ole lady...I gave up on it for several years due to the inability of the drugs but now time to try and get a some results again and hopefully the doctors wont give up on me either...Something has got to work...

rthom

Post by rthom »

my personal story seems to be similar to your with the recurrent waking and lack of restorative sleep--bad plms.
I get the bone tire thing it's awful. Hope you find a way of alleviating your aches.

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

Me too...thank you for the concern....I hate this disease....I sure wish they could find something to help us

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

jrowley wrote:Ok I am sure this has been posted before but with all the post its hard to find anything on the topic...I have been having a lot of pain from the knees down and was wondering if anyone else has this...

I went to the doctor and he has sent me for venous doppler (which came out great) and now is sending me for a arterial doppler. He initionally thought the vericose veins were the problem but thats not the case...now he is thinking I may have PAD (Peripheral artery disease). So I am wondering if there is any corolation in the two...

All I know is everything I have tried to control the horrible RLS/PLM has or doesnt work...I now have it so bad that just sitting in my chair during the day is hard...I wish there was more to help. :evil:

It's very possible it's not the WED/RLS, but something else. It's so hard to separate symptoms when they affect a person so similarly.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

However I have had these test done once before about 6 years ago and everything was fine...so I'm half believing it will the case this time too...although I on one side hope there is an issue at least then I will have a reason for them to do further investigation and something that is treatable...unlike the RLS which everyone thinks your flipping crazy :roll: when you mention anything about it :evil: