stupid lapse !!

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
Polar Bear

stupid lapse !!

Post by Polar Bear »

I have been doing pretty well recently, always staying on top of my wed symptoms, taking meds exactly on time with the aid of the alarm on my phone. Still up and about somewhat during the night but no wed.

So why did I get so complacent and last night gradually made my way through a packet of Cadbury's chocolate covered finger shortbread. !!!!!!!!!!! Number one, I felt such a piggy... oink oink..... and now about 4 hours later at 6am my legs are going bonkers. I am jigging my legs as I write this, no sleep, and have to take my car for a service in 3 hours. How stupid can I be..... likely another hour before I will be able to think of bed , when it is too late to go back to bed. stupid !!!
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

dogeyed

Re: stupid lapse !!

Post by dogeyed »

Ohhhhh, Polar Bear, it is sad sad sad to hear you went thru that! You know, not that long ago, I had to cut back on my Codeine stuff I take for RLS because I had taken some extras earlier in the month because of some other pain I had, and good grief, I went to bed and my legs were kicking and spasming, and it had been SO long since they had acted up! Naturally I got right up and took a pill, and it went away. But it was a stark reminder of just how goofed-up this whole RLS thing is! So, I have an appointment to see my neuro who gives me that medicine, which it helps me in other ways too, and I've already asked him, but will ask again to change my Tylenol-Codeine #3 to something stronger, with I think Hydrocodone the only one he can prescribe for a six-month period (otherwise I have to come in every month for a script, which I CANNOT do).

So, might as well put it out there, if anyone knows of any other opiate that docs can prescribe that is like Hydrocodone, I'd appreciate it, because NOTHING else works but the opiates for me. I'll also post this question over on the pharmaceutical section. Well, Polar Bear, I've been really hunkering down on my Nestle's Dark Chocolate lately, must be the winter that does this to us! GG
"It's not how old you are; it's how awful you feel."

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thank you dogeyed. it is so important to pay attention.
And also to keep the medications ahead of the symptoms.
It must have been a nightmare to have been left short of the codeine.

I use Tramadol (synthetic opiate)as a supplement to my Requip.
My doctor would say it is strong but I think it is the bottom end of opiates.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

I agree whole heartedly--I finally got relief from the symptoms a few years back when i was put on morphine and I was so excited then as time went on i also told her I wasn't sure how i felt about it because now i knew the peace that could be, and the true depth of discomfort i am in. Before it just was a part of me. Now it stands out so much more. I'm so greatful for the meds and the dr's.

badnights

Post by badnights »

too true Randy. Its easy to get used to misery, and mistake it for normalcy.

PB, don't get down on yourself. Who can be perfect? It was just a few cookies! And a good reminder of how grateful you are for all the times it isn't there.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

jittery girl

Post by jittery girl »

to Dogeyed - If you have not already found something that works, I second the Tramadol idea. It works great for me as long as I take it like clockwork at 1700 hrs. Before any symptoms begin.
"Life is a process. Your participation is required."