Have the energy....

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Have the energy....

Post by ViewsAskew »

I have a Google Alert for the term RLS and Restless Legs Syndrome. Some days I'm happy to read the links. Today? Not so much. I just don't have enough time or energy this week to do anything about it.

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-s ... uture.html

So, the people on this forum are discussing if sitting at the computer and not exercising is the cause of RLS/WED. One person tells them Wikipedia says it happens after 40 and a lack of iron is involved. Another person tell them the major cause is magnesium deficiency. Another says it's blood pooling in the legs from lack of movement. Yet someone else links to that horrible article from a few years ago by Woloshin where he says drug companies made it all up.

Yeesh. No wonder we have trouble dealing with this - from treatment to how we're treated. Everyone thinks they know.....and they're all wrong (or at least partially wrong).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Re: Have the energy....

Post by Polar Bear »

Just read your link. What a load of b....cks.
Especially the one that says 'if we would just relax more' and stay off the pc''
Another says its 'blood pooling in the legs' from inactivity = so what about the symtoms in the arms.

Note: It is WED and it is not a syndrome.
We should relax then rls syndrome would go away. Obviously the writer has never tried to do this !!
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

I also read tis thing last night--but did not know what to even type that would be helpful. Everything i thought of quickly degraded into a rant or something. I kept thinking that the person who's dad has is must be furious. Anyone know how to answer something like that in a way that is not negative and more likely inclined to change the minds/hearts of those that read it?

Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Just post a single sentence saying none of it is true, don't rant, insult, or flame as that will just draw more attention to it and that's not what you want, and don't reply to any responses. It would be much better if you could get a real doctor to respond to it, but it's pointless because on the internet anyone can claim to be a real doctor and no one will likely check credentials.

Or just ignore it, the article I mean, and don't help spread it around for them by reposting it on other sites. By doing so you're just generating more web traffic for them and more ad revenue which they don't deserve.

No one will truly understand the debilitating effects of RLS or any or any other chronic disease unless they contract it themselves. Can't blame them for that, but you can for spreading dis-information.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

Good advice and I would add to post the link to RLS.org.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

well, I replied to the initial post without reading all the comments, I didn't want to get upset. I went on and on as usual lol/
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

rthom

Post by rthom »

good for you! lol

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

My Hero!

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I think I killed the thread; there's been no response except a rude one about restlessness in another body part. Amazing how a little bit of information can take the fun of speculation away.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Excellent! You shut them up!!!!!!

Managing Your RLS

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

Nice job. :lol:
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.