How to put a face to RLS

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
becat

How to put a face to RLS

Post by becat »

Ann, I'm with. What is the right answer?
It seems to me that certain punch phrases have to be common and effective......not just putting one face to RLS, but doing so while proving the many faces.
This is just an idea here: Our own punch phrases that we are able to end a comment about ourselves. Giving it back to the masses.

Ex: What Ann said was awesome. "I know it wasn't right. For one thing, it differs somewhat from person to person. What I call an ache someone else may call pain. What I call tingling someone else may call electricity."
There's not even one solid answer to ecplain our own symptoms, it's a general answer. Changing the way it does from time to time, few I think could honestly say .........it's is this 100% of the time.
So when explaining one's symptoms maybe we could close with, something along the lines of ........generally my symptoms are like most RLSers, they grow, change, take over another area of the body. It's a progressive disorder.

When asked what has helped you, be honest. 1st it was the education about RLS. Medications for some. Knowing you weren't alone in living with this. Finding and creating a support group, this includes educating your family and friends, bosses and co-workers, cyber support or local groups. When you learn how to create a good dupport for yourself, it helps.

When asked about doctors remember that we are equally responsible for our care. We are better able to know if a doctor is not on his RLS game and fast. We chose to move on or to educate. When we know about the treatments for RLS and we've done the research about the medications.....we make better choices for ourselves. Without knowing that no one thing works for everyone, then the impression is that there is a "thing" out there that fixes everyone......even most......One thing.....not out there.

That's all I have for now.............Anyone else? Lets hear them, everyone has the floor.