Going to see dr B for my check-up today.....

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
jy13131

Going to see dr B for my check-up today.....

Post by jy13131 »

Anyone have any questions or messages for our faithful doc??
jy13131

Polar Bear

Re: Going to see dr B for my check-up today.....

Post by Polar Bear »

My message is -------- Thank you so much Dr B for all that you do, and for your response to our emails when we are confused and desperate.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

jy13131

Post by jy13131 »

Perfect!! I will give it to him next Tuesday. I had to reschedule
jy13131

badnights

Post by badnights »

I would have sent a message if I had seen this in time! It would have been nice to give him thanks and appreciation.

How did your appointment go?
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

jy13131

Post by jy13131 »

So I had my check up today. Dr b is looking well and as feisty as ever. I told him that my general practitioner said that I should think hard before "becoming a methadone addict" and he said if I ever have ANY problem with a dr to send them directly to him for a little educating on medicating rls. He is so dedicated to our little group of sufferers it is really comforting to just be in his presence.
Aside from that he didn't have GREAT news for me. He gave me a prescription for oxycodon and said between the tramadol, methadone, hydrocodon and oxy I need to figure out the least amount of any combination to get relief. And other than trying the patch in July there is nothing else to use to treat me. No DA for me anymore. I am still relieved that I am not in the place I was one week into requip withdrawal. It's MUCH better than that. And I am sleeping so I can't complain at this point.
jy13131

rthom

Post by rthom »

Jy13131
Glad to hear you are getting some sleep.
Dr, B sounds like a wonderful person, we are all very lucky he's with us. And thank you for sharing your update.

jy13131

Post by jy13131 »

How are you doing?
jy13131

badnights

Post by badnights »

hey jy, glad it's settling down and so glad you could see Dr B.
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

rthom

Post by rthom »

jy

Who are you asking? Have a good one.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

He may not have had perfect news for you, but from what I have heard, he will keep trying until you find something that works for you, and that's the most important thing IMO. I do hope you can get a good combo going soon. :)
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jy13131

Post by jy13131 »

Rthom I was asking you!
jy13131

rthom

Post by rthom »

Thanks for asking Jy

I can be a bit long winded so i thought I'd make sure first. lol.
I'm OK, Not getting much sleep and just kind of in the middle of adjusting to the change again--thus the quiet days. I'm not used to this level of frustration, but I'll get used to it I'm sure. I feel better knowing the Dr is on board with sleeping when i can, just takes the edge off a bit--like i don't feel like I'm failing or not trying hard enough--that sort of thing. Any relief is a good one, lol. I'm not getting half hour a day sleep right now, so I'm grumpy but have a new sleep study being scheduled, maybe it'll at least help me feel better about myself if nothing else. Last sleep study i slept 2 hrs and 40 min. and that was about 15-20 yrs ago, they were not sure what do do with me as this was not something they had come across before--wonder what will happen this time, You should have seen their reactions, lol. These things lighten the day, being able to see the humor in something so difficult. I'm hoping to be able at the very least to use the time to talk to the Dr (head of the department) about coming and talking to the group about WED.
Spent the better part of the night digging dandelions out of the yard--i find outside gardening building etc. passes the time and helps relax my mind. Needless to say my back is not impressed today, oops. Ahhh the price we have to pay for sanity.lol.
Thanks again for asking
Randy

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Such lack of sleep for such a long time is just awful. Much as I considered my sleep to be poor it is of nothing
compared to yourself.

On a lighter note and to the positive result.... I'm just imagining you outside, in the dark in the middle of the night, digging out the dandelions. :thumbup:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

Yes my sleep yesterday was a tough one--I fell asleep laying in bed on my side up on one elbow with my head in the air, but it had fallen back so my throat was facing up and a bit twisted to one side--ouch was the word when i awoke. Had a headache from the neck strain. I had dozed off and about 3 min later awoke. This is not common for me. But happens when things are getting bad. Means I'm sleeping while functioning--just too tired, my brain is shutting down even though i can't actually fall asleep, is my opinion about what is happening. Funny thing is i awake almost like any other sleep, not all bagged out. Weird eh? Functionally it seems things are a little darker but not like those who have normal sleep schedules only getting 4 hrs and all a mess. That is so weird but at the same time for me such a saving grace--if i felt like them i'd have been right nuts long before now.

I have dogs in my care so i can't use any pesticides or other chemicals for the dandelions and this is a new property--all dandelions pretty much--literally. Yesterday and the day before i took out 5 large recycling bags of dandelions and I'm no where near done--maybe 1/3-1/2 done. Ahh! It'll get done and yes i snicker about the thought of the neighbors thinking a nut has moved in and must be burying bodies for sure!! lololol. It must be a riot in their houses.

badnights

Post by badnights »

lol :D :lol: :D :lol: digging in the yard at night !... :lol: