WED and summer

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
rthom

WED and summer

Post by rthom »

I've read recently on the FB page that a lot of others seem to have worse wed symptoms in the summer. Thoughts? :roll:

jy13131

Re: WED and summer

Post by jy13131 »

I've never noticed that myself. I know that I am more active physically in the summer and physical activity definitely increases my WED.
jy13131

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Some people find temperature to bother or help them. Maybe it depends on the type of WED you have. It never has affected me.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I have never noticed any difference with regard to seasons or temperature.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

I had never thought about the wed being worse in the warm weather but it's possible that it is. I know my worse times have been during the summer months but there is always other possible reasons for the increase in sensations. Jobs, Moving, Surgeries, etc......
Now though I'm just not sure which was setting it off. Hummmm..... Interesting. I read that a fair few folks are sure about theirs (worsening symptoms) being brought on by the summer.
I wonder if those people are affected by heat on their legs--better or worse. It may give some cue about which things may help make folks a little more comfortable--heat pads etc..
Thanks for the responses. :roll:

Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I don't notice any difference either. I prefer summer though just because I can wear lighter clothing.