Experienced, knowledgeable docs, FLORIDA

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
charles

Experienced, knowledgeable docs, FLORIDA

Post by charles »

On a previous post, I mentioned the success I've had with my WED doc for the past 4 yrs. He has since left the practice , and I have been seeing another doc in the practice who is resistant to my former RX treatment plan.
I've seen two new docs outside this practice with zero results. I'm searching for a Dr B equivalent in Pinellas County , or Hillsborough County FLA. (Also known as the Tampa/St Petersburg area )
The doc listed on Physician Finder of this website has no experience with WED.
Any recommendations ?

Polar Bear

Re: Experienced, knowledgeable docs, FLORIDA

Post by Polar Bear »

I'm sorry your doctor has left the practice and really sorry that another dr from the same practice can't see his way to trust the findings and treatment of his previous colleague. If your previous treatment plan was working what is he thinking of that is worth while being resistant.

It is certainly not easy to find a doctor who is WED experienced and in my own case it has been the position that my GP knew little about WED but wanted to help and was willing to learn, and using the RLS Medical Bulletin for guidance we have eventually found a routine and combination of meds that more or less work. My point being that he was willing to learn..........

I am in the UK and unable to suggest recommendations within your area.
However, I think that a doctor who is willing to learn can be your best friend.
It's just a shame that none of the recent doctors you have seen is willing to work with you.

Good luck
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Re: Experienced, knowledgeable docs, FLORIDA

Post by ViewsAskew »

I hate when that happens! I once had to see another doctor in that same practice as my doc. I figured it wasn't a big deal. He refused to write my scrips! I hope you find someone soon. It's miserable to be happy with your treatment but not find a doctor willing to use it.

I only have heard of one doctor in Florida - Elaty. I have no idea of whether or not he's still practicing or where he practices, though.

Hopefully someone from Florida will know.

Is there a support group anywhere in the state? Someone the leaders will know of other doctors outside of their area.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.