Venting on the attitude of my(soon to be former) Drs.

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
cmooreinthepines

Re: Venting on the attitude of my(soon to be former) Drs.

Post by cmooreinthepines »

Thanks all. I appreciate the advice and the support.

Because I had little to no meds, I was suffering so and I stepped back and dug through my magic bag of pills, LOL, and took some ropinerole for a few days. This has set me back phyically and mentally and its upsetting because I was doing so well on just the Hydrocodone. There was some confusion at the pharmacy and I did not know there was a new script with a higher dosage sent over, by the Neuro at my request, (they never called me to say that this was done) and so my insurance company saw that I had medicine for 90 days, regaurdless of different dosage and well....blah blah blah...its fixed now but I am back to having those..not even sure what to call them cause I have them EVERY part of my body..like painful siezures in my muscles..my husband could feel them as I lay in the bed last night next to him, briefly cause I got up.

I decide to try something I have not today..

(hadn't slept for so long. Work is breathing down my neck and I really thought I was going to make it. Well...with just about evry medication I have been prescribed..I was always on Mirapex along with it. I refused to come off it because as each new med began, they would say now slowly ease off the mirapex...well, I know now what was happening was augmentation and it was a cycle for years. I have been off the mirapex now since 7/8...about 2 weeks and was doing well with just the Hydro-co. So mad that I suffered days without and fell back on other meds.)

---Today with the hydro-co, I took a tablet of sinemet 25/100, I think. It was about 3 pm. and within 20 minutes my body started to calm down and I slept until 830pm...so okay...excited...well my husband and I talked about this and from the literature we have, LOTS, I decided to try half and so I took a half a tablet with hydro and an ambien cr and drifted off to peacful slumber at about 10 pm..woke up to twitches about 2 am. thinking of taking that other half and trying to sleep. I took this med before, and even with the mirapex, was okay on two tabs 25/100 per day...but neuro increased to six tabs and I literally went crazy in my head. Kind of afraid to keep messing with meds but I dont feel like I have a choice while I am waiting to see next Dr.

This may sound really wierd but then again..has anyone else had some relief from physical WED symptoms after having a bowel movement? It is something that I have mentioned over the years to Drs and the tell me I have irritable bowel...(sounded like a load of cr4p to me)..I am thinking there is something more to it. Like the way my body is absorbing the medications or ? It isn't 100% but I have noticed feeling better sometimes. Weird?

Well. I think, since I woke, I have had a BM, (sorry), I feel better and my body is calm, gonna take that other half of sinemet and try to sleep. Anyone have any input on the BM thing?

Hope you are having a good day...and if not, Know I am thinking of you and wishing you better days and nights.
"When I find myself in times of trouble"...."There will be an answer, let it be, let it be." (The Fab Four)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Try searching on the bowel movement - I seem to recall someone else saying that quite a few years ago.

Per messing with meds - many of us have probably done it. I think you already said you're making sure hubby knows what you're doing - if I am remembering incorrectly, please make sure he does! He's your link to sanity until you get more sleep. I have no doubt that many people who've died from overdoses of sleeping medications did it because they were too sleep deprived to make appropriate decisions!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

cmooreinthepines

I will do that search. I think I have done it before, but my memory, LOL. Its the strangest thing and when I have mentioned it to Drs, my experience was they wanted to treat it as not part of my WED. Like they did when they gave me anti-depressants along with Mirapex, OUCH! My husband and I think medications affect the BM as well as when things are moving along, meds are absorbed better? LOL..I'll let yall know what I come up with. Theories abound but no solutions : ) I am out of ink from gathering so much info. Need to buy a big binder to put it all in...if I could just focus on getting it all organized!

You recall correctly, I make sure my husband knows, out of fear that if something should happen he would be able to give correct information to paramedics. I haven't been keeping up with my journal lately and I need to be more vigilante with that. Writing it down helps ; )
"When I find myself in times of trouble"...."There will be an answer, let it be, let it be." (The Fab Four)

cmooreinthepines

Update: I have been off Mirapex now for 3 weeks. I did re-try some of previous medications in the interim however whether it be my head or my body, they were not successful for me. My current WED medication is Vicoden 7.5-750, I take it no more than 3 times a day. I sleep at night, up to 5 hours, and if I bump that when I wake in the night with a half a tablet, I can sleep another 4! WOOHOO! I feel my mental state has improved much. I do have the menopause thing going on since my hysterectomy in 2011..so I began trying Enjuvia (again) 0.625mg today. I am aware of the side effects and I will weigh them as time passes. Hoping this will help with hot flashes. Working it out and hoping for better days. I do think there is a correlation to my digestive tract issues along with my low back disc issues and my WED. I am continuing pursuit of a physician that will help me manage my health. I am not opposed to trying something other than Vicoden but that is what is working for now. I am smiling today :D ! Geez, I hope it lasts!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Smiling is good :) :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation