Chat on RLS.org

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
ViewsAskew

Chat on RLS.org

Post by ViewsAskew »

The chat module is on the RLS.org site, not our discussion board site.

The link is here: http://www.rls.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=544

I suggest that someone suggest a time/date to meet there. Make sure to specify the time zone you're in or the GMT so others know when to come. Post the link above so that people know where to go. Provide a range of time you'll be there, such as 9-10 PM or 8-11 PM, etc. You can leave it running in the background while doing other things and you'll hear a sound when others posts (or most chat rooms do).

Consider posting it a couple days in advance and then reminding everyone the day of by updating the thread.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Re: Chat on RLS.org

Post by Polar Bear »

Ann, thank you for posting this information for anyone who is interested in the chat room.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

cmooreinthepines

Post by cmooreinthepines »

Thank you! Was just wondering. My imeadiate family used to chat weekly, was a cheaper way to stay in touch.
"When I find myself in times of trouble"...."There will be an answer, let it be, let it be." (The Fab Four)

cmooreinthepines

Post by cmooreinthepines »

At the chat room, says 8pm CST time nightly. Anyone else interested in chatting? Let me know.
"When I find myself in times of trouble"...."There will be an answer, let it be, let it be." (The Fab Four)

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I have never used the chatroom before e.g. 8pm CST is 2am here in the UK.
However if I was up and about 'doing my wanderings' its possible I might drop in, if it was active.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

I'm not sure what time it is here--Toronto Ontario Canada--My wife and I tried to figure that out a few times and always seem to get it wrong. I think it's 10 pm anyone know?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I believe that Toronto is on Eastern time - currently daylight. That is -5 GMT. Central time is 1 hour different or -6 GMT.

9 PM ET
8 PM CT
7 PM MT
6 PM PT
For people in the US Canada, Mexico

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Internet was down--thanks ann but I wonder if you think (as did I) that 8 oclock is 9 or do you suggest that the 8oclock time is 7here?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Randy, you are an hour ahead of central time - you are in Eastern time. So add an hour to whatever it says.

Managing Your RLS

rthom

Post by rthom »

:think: :thumbup: :clap: :wave:

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I emailed Jenny Olmanson olmanson@rls.org RLS Foundation in July. I received an answer from Ann, RLSF Moderators <rlsfmods@aim.com, who stated, "We used to have a hosted chat, but the host left to become a support group leader and didn't have time to do both. I'm not even sure that the module works anymore."
The link you posted http://www.rls.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=544 does not work. I would be interested if it works. DEB

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I was the one that responded to you. The moderators - me, Polar Bear, and Beth - do not work for the Foundation. We are volunteers who also suffer from WED. As volunteers, we can't make changes such as that.

Since that link doesn't work, the Foundation would have to make it functional. Emailing them would be a good way to let them know it's important to people. rlsfoundation@rls.org is the email address.

Managing Your RLS