Full Moon set of your RLS

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
DeuceNova

Full Moon set of your RLS

Post by DeuceNova »

I'm 64 and have had RLS all my life.

Since I was a teenager I could tell that there was a full moon (without looking outside) because my legs would start to "jang and bang" a couple of days before a full moon and a couple of days after a full moon. Lunacy.

Has anyone else had their RLS hightened by a full moon?

ViewsAskew

Re: Full Moon set of your RLS

Post by ViewsAskew »

Doesn't seem to for me. Many woman say they can tell it's that time of the month by it, though. I seem to remember at least one or two people saying the moon affected it, but can't remember for sure. If you're interested in what people have said in teh past about it, try searching on "moon" and see what you find!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Wayne

Post by Wayne »

DeuceNova wrote:...start to "jang and bang"...

Catchy. Kind of sounds like a music genre. I'm going to borrow that if you don't mind.

Phases of the moon don't effect my RLS. I haven't been able to pinpoint anything that definitively makes it better or worse. Most days are OK, with the occasional sleepless night, which I think just has more to do with how stressed I am that day.

DeuceNova

Post by DeuceNova »

Full moon (according to my wife it was a "havest moon") and my RLS was UNBEARABLE! My legs and arms were jumping around like a pond full of frogs!

Both my mother and father had RLS and so does our youngest son. Son told me that he knows when it's going to be a bad night by the "feel" of his whole body which feels tense all over.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Coincidence ?? yesterday (full moon) my legs/arms were the worse they had been in a long time, medications which are pretty good just could not win the fight.
Actually a Police Officer once told me that a full moon was always a bad night, workwise. Whether it was a tongue in cheek comment or not..... :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

DeuceNova

Post by DeuceNova »

EVERY person that I've asked about the "worst day or part of a month" as far as calls says that calls peak on a full moon.

There was a fulll moon last night and I got very little sleep.