Who is your favorite doctor?

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
peanut1

Re: Who is your favorite doctor?

Post by peanut1 »

Bloody be--I didn't know that the foundation relocated to my city! Yes, I just called Dr. Ondo and am in the process of getting records transferred. The office staff stated that they give regular transfusions--I'm so friggin excited!!!!

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I am so happy for you, I feel your excitement !!!!
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

Wow! :D
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

peanut1, glad to be able to help. I am sure that you will love working with Dr Ondo.
Steve

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

thanks all! I'm trying not to get too excited until I actually get the transfusion scheduled.

Steve,
Curious why you changed doctors.

Kathy

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Kathy, we moved to Colorado for a number of reasons. One was so that my wife could get away from the Houston summers after work kept us there for over 40 yrs. My consulting work was drying up, so there wasn't much to hold us there other than that it was "home". She has MS and the summer heat and humidity pretty much held her prisoner at home each summer, so we needed to get away. We also wanted to get back to the high desert and mountains (we met and married in El Paso). Finally, we both wanted to get access to MMJ and you and I both know that it isn't going to become readily, legally available in Texas for quite a while.
Steve

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

Steve,

Well that makes perfect sense. I didn't realize that you and your wife had moved. I'm also assuming that MMJ means medical marijuana. Let me know if it's something else. My cousin has had MS for many many years and functions quite well. However, I know there are different versions of the condition with some being worse than others. I wish the best for you and your wife.

Kathy

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Yes, MMJ is medical marijuana. In her case, she uses a product high in CBD, the component that is used for the kids with "untreatable" epilepsy. She says that it provides better relief for her spasticity than any prescribed medication that she has ever been given. And it doesn't have any side effects.
Steve

peanut1

Post by peanut1 »

I'm glad it's helpful for her. Also, the weather is much nicer in CO so I'm sure your enjoying that too.

Kathy

badnights

Post by badnights »

Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

EdSoFlo

Post by EdSoFlo »

Hi all -

I started treatment with Dr David Rye at the Emory Sleep Center upon moving to the Atlanta area (it took quite a bit of time to get in, the man is super busy) and I can honestly say it’s been life changing. I had a good doctor in Los Angeles when originally diagnosed, then two fairly bad ones in South Florida when I moved there in 2013. That said I can safely say I don’t feel like I was ever truly understood until my initial session with Dr Rye. The man is at the top of the field in terms of RLS so it goes without saying he has a cutting edge level of expertise. But moreover, he’s a truly kind and empathetic human being who genuinely understands the misery and quality of life erosion one experiences if living with RLS that is not being properly treated. All the support staff there is terrific as well. I simply could not recommend more highly and I’m incredibly grateful to be under his care.

James7

Re: Good Doc??

Post by James7 »

booth205 wrote:Does anyone know of a good doctor in Alabama?? I went to the doc today and he only wants to give me Klonopin b/c of fertility issues. I understand his stand point. However, I don't feel good about this drug after reading info.
So, I would like to find another doctor. Can anyone help??
Blessings to ALL!!
Vanderbilt Neurology in Franklin, Tn is one of the quality centers. Ask for appt with Dr. Walters.

cdnuturn

Post by cdnuturn »

Seems to be a fair amount of info for various parts of the US. Elswhere on this forum, I've see some info for Toronto and even as far West as Alberta. Would be good if I could find someone on Vancouver Island!

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Many of us have to travel in order to reach a doctor who understands how to treat RLS. I have to go 100 miles each way, but at least I can drive that. I know of several members of this board who have to fly to visit their doctor. The trick is to find one who you can access and who understands the proper treatment of RLS.
Steve

Mjtkgundy

Post by Mjtkgundy »

I live in Oklahoma and am desperate to find a doctor knowledgeable in RLS. I am willing to travel but it’s harder for me due to having a medically fragile child that must come with me. It’s a long shot, I know but everyone is so helpful and kind, that I thought it worth a chance to ask.