Hello friends.

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
cmooreinthepines

Hello friends.

Post by cmooreinthepines »

Just an update on me..I have found a great Dr!!! Dr. S. Bhat. He is well versed with RLS/WED and asked all the right questions and I highly reccomend him. He is with JFK Hosp. neuroscience in Edison NJ. Well, I am doing much better. My understanding of the medications has helped me ratchet down my emotions quite a bit. I accept that I have this disease. I have tried them all, including nupro...and none of the meds work 100% for me. I am thinking it will be continuous trials and bridging in-between with some type of opiate, as this is what works for me. I am so appreciative for all the great advice and information available to me here. You all are so kind! Thanks so much, you helped me get back on track! I am not as I was before WED, but I am okay! LOL, didn't think I would ever feel like myself again, but my mind is so much calmer. Really needed to detox from all and then start fresh, so I did.

My personal life has kept me busy. My Mom and her husband are both seriously ill and not much longer for this world. Been keeping busy taking care of them. Not working, and not driving the school bus anymore has lifted so much pressure. Had so many fears and worries in regards to my job. I let it all go after 22 years and luckily I have the support of my very understanding and loving husband. Made application for SSD, maybe I'll get it or maybe not? Either way, it will be okay.

If you are new to this site...read on and ask away! So much information and there is life with WED! It might take you awhile to manage it all, but keep in hot persuit! I promise you, better days are ahead! Wishing you all the best in the New Year! :D
"When I find myself in times of trouble"...."There will be an answer, let it be, let it be." (The Fab Four)

Polar Bear

Re: Hello friends.

Post by Polar Bear »

Its good to hear from you and especially to read your wonderfully uplifting post.
I have to say that I also felt the better when I finished paid employment - could practically feel that particular pressure just float away.

My thoughts are with you as you care for your mum and her husband, and isn't it great to have an understanding husband/partner.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Thanks for stopping by. So sorry to hear about your mom and her hubby, but it's great you can be there with them. Having been with my grandmother in a similar situation, if you are like me, you'll be happy you did it.

And the new doc - we need to put his name in our Wall of Fame post about docs....wherever it is, lol.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

cmoore thanks for checking in and posting! It's so good to hear from people who are doing well, emotionally if not 100% physically. I was just talking about how hard it's been for me to accept these limitations - you're an inspiration to me to keep trying.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.