Venting!

For everything and anything else not covered in the other RLS sections.
debbluebird

Re: Venting!

Post by debbluebird »

dogeyed wrote:I feel for you, DBIRD, and hope eventually SOME doc will provide you with the drug you need (opiate) to kill this RLS nonsense. I take Tylenol-Codeine #4, and it stops the restlessness, stops the pain, and allows me to sleep good. It is about the mildest form of an opiate you can get, and yet even tho I had the severe painful kind of RLS, it knocked it out cold. Go ahead and BEG one of your docs to give you what you need. There are neurologyg government websites that talk about the categories of meds you can take for RLS, and opiates is one. You should not have to spend the rest of your life struggling with this, when COULD BE relief is just one pill away. Always, GG

I take Methadone. I can only take so much. Otherwise I get really sick, nauseated and vomit.

EeFall, if you are able to hold on until they fire you, you'd have a better chance of getting disability. That is of course you don't loose it all in a car accident. Take sick leave even if you don't have any left. So sorry that it is so bad right now. We need a miracle.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I hate being right. Talked with wife and she is oblivious of the pending disaster waiting to happen. You wouldn't believe how many times I have typed this page over, or how many times I have had to delete the endless S's or D's when I have recently fallen asleep typing. I just did it yet again to pages of A's - let your fingers do the walking, I think that was the old saying of the yellow pages, another old and useless thing that nobody wants nor needs.

I just rubbed Tea Tree Therapy - 100% pure Australian Tea Tree Oil Natural Antiseptic into my hair yet again because it is supposed to cure my itchy scalp. It must be true because my wife read it somewhere.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Never mind.
Last edited by EeFall on Fri May 10, 2013 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

rthom

Post by rthom »

wow, that sucks. :(

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

ok
Last edited by EeFall on Fri May 10, 2013 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

rthom

Post by rthom »

any news yet?

rthom

Post by rthom »

maybe she dislocated something--with any luck

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Makes me so sad to read how miserable we all are. I remember getting mad, and frightened when evening came because I knew what was going to happen. Now I take Mirapex and it does help, but not completely. Only sleep 2 or 3 hrs at a time, gained lots of weight. I to am so sick of all this, especially the weight, its like adding insult to injury. I always wonder what would my life have been like without this "monster" WED/RLS. When y ou say WED/RLS is life altering, that is putting it mildly. :!: :!: :!:

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Hi Everyone: I haven't been around for a while. The WED/RLS is doing better with the Mirapex but still have problems with it. But now arthritis, fibromyalgia, and a multitude of other health problems on top of the WED/RLS has got me down. I seldom go anywhere, unless I absolutely have too.

Reading your posts makes me so sad to think of so many people suffering. And there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it. Just grin and bear it. (I don't know about the grinning).....

Wish you all well. Especially some sleep......I still only sleep 2 hrs at a time, even when the WED/RLS is behaving itself....

BETTY/WV
:?
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Great to hear from you BETTY/WV and happy that your mirapex is helping.
It's like you're writing my story, osteoarthritis/fibromyalgia/poor sleep etc. etc. not sleeping even when WED is under control.
And yesterday my doc phoned to say that my recent bloods are showing low thryroid levels.
Darn.... isn't that just what we don't need. Bloods to be repeated in a few weeks so we shall see then what way the land lies.

It does sometimes seem that we rant and vent quite a bit..... but it does us good to get it off our chests - and please do remember that us folks here on the discussion board are probably some of the more severe WED sufferers, and there are many who cope with their more manageable symptoms.
Of course, we will continue to walk and walk, stretch etc. etc.

How do you pass your nights. i go onto the computer and read up on stuff. And there is always Candy Crush !!
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear is right, my WED is severe so I tend to vent severely :lol: but there are many thousands more for everyone of us who has it really bad that get along fine. My doctor before my current doctor said he had seen thousands of patients over the years and never had anyone with symptoms as bad as mine - the reason he referred me to my current doctor. It is good news really because many view it as trivial, probably because they either have a lite case of RLS or know someone who does.

I'm sorry you are having additional health problems, it is enough to have severe WED alone and if you sleep two hours at a time that certainly is severe. All one can do is keep fighting, keep trying to keep all the other aliments under control and enjoy life as much as possible, especially when things are going the best to carry one over for the more difficult times. I wish you well.

Betty/WV wrote:Hi Everyone: I haven't been around for a while. The WED/RLS is doing better with the Mirapex but still have problems with it. But now arthritis, fibromyalgia, and a multitude of other health problems on top of the WED/RLS has got me down. I seldom go anywhere, unless I absolutely have too.

Reading your posts makes me so sad to think of so many people suffering. And there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it. Just grin and bear it. (I don't know about the grinning).....

Wish you all well. Especially some sleep......I still only sleep 2 hrs at a time, even when the WED/RLS is behaving itself....

BETTY/WV
:?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Betty - nice to see you. Wish it was in better circumstances.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Thanks everyone, nice hearing from you. Even though the WED/RLS is doing some better with the Mirapex, the pain level is bad. I am in pain almost all the time. Sometimes not as bad as others but it is always there. Very hard for me to do anything. Thankful for my doctor who, at least, will prescribe Norco for the pain. Some doctors just absolutely will not give it to you, even though it is obvious I don't abuse meds. and it is recommended for WED/RLS. Here it is rainy and dreary today and that makes for more pain. Amazing what we can deal with, at times, isn't it. Take care everyone. Wish you better times.
BETTY/WV

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

:thumbup:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

Efall.....Just had a brilliant idea....By the way, there have been times when I have the same complaints you do...so my idea is this (it could never happen but) all people with WED/RLS. Should be put in the same location, hospital, town,nursing home etc...We understand each other, no one else does. Including my husband, while I am up walking the floor moaning, crying etc. he is sleeping like a baby....So he can't understand why I am a zombie the next day...also, I am about 60 lbs heavier than before Mirapex....Now I am faced with trying to get off the stupid drug...on top of heart problems, arthritis,fibro and a host of other ailments...take care , just one more RLSer....